Warning: Content Might Make You Fangirl Squeal And/Or Smile Like An Idiot.

Fast Forward Several Months:

My stomach lurches, acidic liquid and chunks bursting past my lips and into the toilet. I squeeze my eyes shut, waiting for it to pass, and then lean back when it does. My back shakily touches the tile floor and I stretch my arms out-eyes still squeezed shut.

“You okay?” Kakashi presses a cool damp washcloth to my forehead.

I don’t trust my mouth. Instead of responding, I simply move my hand to cover my mouth lightly and try to think.

Something’s wrong. I’m missing part of the puzzle.

“Alex,” Kakashi says softly, “Look at me. What’s wrong? Did you eat something wrong?”

No, that didn’t sound right.

I don’t respond. What am I missing? Something rumbles low in my stomach. It hits me like a freight train, my blood running ice cold. Eyes snapping open, I sit up abruptly, making my head spin like a merry go round on fast forward. Kakashi steadies me, pulling my hair back so it doesn’t get in the way if I start to throw up again.

“Take me to the hospital.” I croak, twisting around.

“What’s wrong?” Worry and concern plague his features. I shake my head and keep my hand clamped over my mouth.

“JUST TAKE ME, NOW!”

The receptionist looks up as we poof into the hospital. I motion for Kakashi to back off a bit and hurriedly rush towards the desk, leaning against the counter top.

“I need to see a doctor, asap.” I say, trembling.

Kakashi appears beside me, hand resting on my lower back. I feel bad, he looks so confused and worried but I have to be sure before I tell him anything. The nurse nods slightly and stands, waving a middle-aged blonde over.

I turn to Kakashi and touch his elbow. “Stay here. I’ll be right back.”

He sends me a strangled look. “Alex…”

“Please?” I breathe, stomach rumbling and churning painfully. He closes his eye and presses his lips tightly together behind his mask, nodding in one jerky bob. I turn away from him and rush towards the doctor, leaning up on my tip-toes to whisper something in her ear. Her eyes widen, traveling over my body once before flickering to Kakashi.

Then she smiles slightly and nods, taking me by the hand and leading me towards a room.

“Alright.” She says, closing the door softly behind us. “There’s a bathroom right there and here’s a cup.”

I nod and take it from her.

Coming back out, I notice Kakashi standing outside in the hall, arms folding across his chest and his facial features twisted into something strangely heartbreaking. He looks up as the doctor clicks the door softly shut behind her, pee cup in hand, and smiles slightly.

“What’s going on?” I hear him ask. “Can I see her?”

“Almost.” The doctor says. “Just give me a moment. I’ll be right back.”

“What’s that?” He asks, anxiety dripping from his words like rain.

“Relax, Kakashi.” The doctor lets out a small bubble of laugh. “I’ll be right back.”

I let out a sigh of short lived relief and begin to pace the length of the room, despite the uncomfortable twists and churns of my stomach. Nervousness builds up inside me, sizzling and boiling through my blood to settle at the base of my spine.