GASP!!!

Soft lips smash into mine, pushing my body back against the door. I gasp, palms flying out and smacking against Kakashi’s chest-shoving him away from me.

“I’m sorry.” He growls, moving back, hands crossing behind his head. “That was uncalled for and rude and I’m sorry.”

The kiss was rude? I blink, startled, as he squeezes his eye shut and falls forward onto the bed. The pad of my index finger traces lightly over my lower lip, the feeling of Kakashi’s lips against mine fading into a warm memory.

But I don’t want it to be a memory.

The sudden realization slams into me, rocking me back on my heels. My feelings have drastically changed for the man that lies before me, and I’m not sure whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing. I gulp loudly, trying to stop my hammering heartbeat, and move forward.

Touching his shoulder awkwardly, I struggle to find my voice.

He sits up and turns over, leaning back on his hands. His mask dangles around the base of his neck, soft pink lips twisted down in a small frown. If you look close enough, you can see the small twinge of pink that rims his eyes.

I choke on the gasp that I try to stifle. “Are you…why?” I ask, words pouring out of my mouth like lemonade. “Have you been crying?”

Kakashi avoids my gaze and doesn’t answer.

I climb into the bed next to him and sigh softly. “Why would you?” I can’t fathom any kind of reason whatsoever and I refuse to flatter myself by saying it’s because he’s upset over upsetting me. Hesitantly, I take his hand and pull it into my lap, holding it palm up.

He watches me carefully as I trace the bones in his palm.

“Please tell me.” I whisper softly, the words barely audible to even my own ears.

“I can’t…” Kakashi’s fingers curl into a tight fist. He moves closer, legs curling around my small form, and rests his forehead on my shoulder, silver spikes brushing against the bandages on my neck. “I don’t know how.” He says softly.

Carefully, I peel his fingers back and stroke his palm until he relaxes. Pressing my hand to his, I gasp softly-my eyes widening. “God, you have big hands.” I say before I can stop myself-completely ruining our little moment. He lifts his head and chuckles lowly, lips close to my ears, and curls his finger tips over mine-emphasizing the size compared to mine.  

I look up, cheeks flaming, and smile softly.

Kakashi watches me for a few moments before leaning in and resting his forehead against mine. He closes his eyes, warm breath washing over my face and clouding my senses, and I close mine. It’s as if there is a cord linking us together-an invisible line drawing my mouth to his. Slowly, I tilt my head up, nose brushing against his.

“Naruto! Don’t you dare go in there!” I hear Sakura hiss from outside our door.

His jaw clenches, lips still mere centimeters from my own pale pink appendages, and we pull away from each other, eyes focusing on the door. It slams against the wall loudly, a huffing and puffing Naruto running into the room.

“You didn’t get me anything?” Naruto frowns jealously.

I smile slightly. “Of course I did, get over here?”

“Huh?” Sakura blinks, sending me a confused look.

Naruto runs over and stops in front of me, blue eyes wide and excited. I laugh lightly and lean forward, pressing my lips to his cheek. “You’re so special, Naruto, that you’ve won the exciting privilege of being my favorite for the day.” I grin. “Which means you get to help me decide Kakashi’s fate.”