Bye, Bye Haku <3 You shall be missed.

Bright yellow sunlight illuminates the back of my eyelids, turning the once comforting warm black into harsh blinding tan. My body is like lead and it takes several sharp commands from my brain for my eyelids to finally flutter open.

A flash of silver darts through my vision.

One lone brown eye appears, relief and happiness swirling within its depths. I’m afraid to blink, for I might not be able to open my eyes again, and my eyes start to sting.

“You’re awake.” Kakashi breathes. “Do you need anything?”

A coke. I need a coke. My chapped lips part slightly, muscles straining to move them, and the cracked whisper claws its way through the air. Kakashi lets out a small laugh, hands carefully lifting me up, and shifts so his legs are situated behind me-holding me up. One hand cupping the back of my neck, he presses the cup to my lips.

The bitter liquid scorches its way down my throat, bringing a small smile to my features, and Kakashi lowers the cup. I blink, the lead feeling slowly dispersing, and Kakashi pulls me into his chest.

My cheek rests against his vest and my palm numbly presses against his bicep, his strong arms winding around me and squeezing. The door opens and clicks shut. Kakashi looks over and smiles.

“I heard she was awake.” Sasuke says lightly, eyes avoiding our embracing figures.

“You were totally eavesdropping.” I snicker lightly, voice cracking up several octaves. Sasuke shoots me a bored look, black eyes smiling, and I pull away from Kakashi shakily. “Come here.” I instruct, holding my arms out. “I didn’t get to mourn over your death.”

“But I didn’t die?” Sasuke blinks, moving absently into my hug.

“Yes, but you will if you ever scare me like that again. Got it?” I squeeze him tightly until I feel him shift uncomfortably and wheeze softly. “Oh, my emo duckbutt. I bet Sakura is happy.” I let him go and fall back into Kakashi.

Kakashi chuckles. Sasuke rolls his eyes and moves towards the door. “I’ll tell the others you’re awake.”

And with that, the door clicks shut.

“Bye Haku.” I whisper softly, tears brimming over as I lightly touch the small purple flowered lei. Standing numbly, I walk back over to Kakashi, lips pressing into a tight grim line.

The kids are back at Tazuna’s. At first, I didn’t understand why we had left them behind, but now I’m really thankful for their absence.

Kakashi pulls me into a warm hug. A sob breaks past my lips and I burry my face into his chest, arms winding around his torso tightly. We stand there, me crying and him resting his cheek against my head and running his fingers through my hair, for who knows how long. The sun slowly sets, fading behind the calm shimmering ocean, and my sobs turn into half hearted hiccups.

“I’m so stupid.” I let out a watery laugh. “I knew what was going to happen, and yet I’m still blubbering like a baby.”

“You’re not stupid.” Kakashi squeezes me lightly. “He was your friend.”

I pull back, rubbing at my eyes.

“That reminds me.” Kakashi leans forward, touching the tip of my nose with the tip of his finger. “When exactly did he give you advice? And what was he right about?”

I flash him a sheepish grin and ruffle his hair. “See ya!”

And take off.

Granted, my movements are pretty sluggish thanks to the over use of chakra, and thus he is able to catch up with me fairly quickly.