Grow up:

I’m not going to lie-the next few chapters are kind of going to be out of order. Instead of Naruto and Haku meeting it will be Alex and it will be before the kids start training! You have been warned=

The kids come into our room a few minutes later, Naruto climbing into the bed with Kakashi and me while Sakura and Sasuke sit on the floor-looking up at us like the lost little ducklings they are. “What now, Kakashi-sensei?” Sakura asks, watching with wide eyes as Kakashi rubs my feet.

“Zabuza isn’t dead.” I turn the page, kicking Kakashi when he pauses. “Haku was a fake.”

“How do you know?” Naruto asks me, leaning forward to peer down at the pages. I lift the book high above his head and poke his nose to keep him away.

“Because I am the almighty Alex and I know everything.”

“There you guys are!” Tazuna smiles widely as he pokes his head into the room. I wave them in happily. Now I won’t have to repeat myself. “What’s going on?” Tsunami asks as she steps in.

“Alex-sensei says that Zabuza isn’t dead!” Naruto shouts, frowning. “But I think she’s going crazy cuz we saw his body.”

I look to Kakashi, who is absently rubbing my feet and staring at me-obviously lost in thought. I nudge him slightly out of his little daze and he blinks, his eye widening slightly. “I think you’re right.” He says, frowning a little beneath his mask. “Think about it, Naruto. He should’ve worked on Zabuza right there.”

“So you’re saying that guy is still alive?” Tazuna frowns, sitting down with Sakura and Sasuke. Tsunami gasps softly and frowns at the unhappy news.

“I know he is.” I say softly. “But it will be about a week before he attacks again.”

“How do you know?” Sakura frowns.

“Because Haku put him in a false state of death, Sakura, one that numbs the entire body. So it’ll be about a week before Zabuza will completely regain his health and come at us again.” I mark my page and close the book, setting it on the nightstand beside me. Naruto makes another grab for it.

“Sensei! What’s so special about that stupid book?!” He whines.

“It’s very…enlightening.” I smirk, ignoring Kakashi as he squeezes my foot.

“Don’t you guys think you’re over thinking this?” Tazuna asks, sending us a strange look.

“Oh god guys.” I hold up my hands. “Kakashi is about to give a speech. So listen carefully.”

 He squeezes my foot again, shooting me a lethal glare. “When encountering suspicion, a ninja prepares quickly for counteraction. Hesitation leads to death and disaster. Every shinobi knows this.”

I nod, grinning. Naruto shakes with excitement, his fingers curled into a fist. Kakashi cracks a small smile and his lone brown eye flickers to my face. We share an amused look.

“But how are we going to defeat him?” Sakura frowns. “We were barely able to last time.”

“To the trees!” I shout happily, falling back, “That also gives me the an idea for your next job, Kaka!” I nudge him with my toe, grinning madly.

Kakashi lets out a very loud groan and throws my feet away, glaring.

“We’ll so beat him! Believe it!” Naruto shouts happily. “With Alex-sensei’s art jutsu and Kakashi-sensei’s Sharingan and our strength combined we’ll be able to beat him! Things are going to get better.”

“I don’t believe it and nothing’s going to be good.” A little masculine voice growls

“INARI, MAH LITTLE EMO CHILD!” I squeal loudly and go to leap from the bed. Kakashi catches me and pulls me back, growling.