Home Sweet Home!

Moonlight shimmers above our heads and glistens across the rust colored shingles above us. Kakashi is like a board; stiff and tense. My jaw is currently brushing against the sand beneath my feet and making friends with the ants. Sakura has mirrored my expression of complete and utter shock and even Sasuke's mouth hangs open slightly in surprise.

Naruto lets out a squeak, and then a high-pitched, "What?!"

"We're home," Kakashi and I whisper in unison like creepy twins, and then share an open mouthed glance.

Sakura's hand rises to cover her mouth before any bugs can fly in. Naruto runs forward and kicks the door open --much to my and Kakashi's irritation-- and then runs inside the house. Lights are flipped on, and rays of florescent yellow stream through the blinds that shield our windows. Naruto reappears in the doorway, his mouth open. "We're really home!"

Kakashi disappears for a few seconds, and then reappears at my side. I shoot him a confused look and he smiles sheepishly. He mutters, "Sorry, had to check the stove." 

I punch him in the arm, and he takes it like a man. 

We walk into the house like turtles, taking in our surroundings cautiously. I'm somewhat scared that someone will jump out and surprise us --whether it be a burglar, or my mother-- but the rational part of my mind argues that Kakashi wouldn't let us within a mile of the house if it had someone dangerous inside. The house looks relatively normal --and not burnt down, like Kakashi must have expected-- and somewhat clean. I rummage through the mail that's been shoved through the slit in the door and squint at the date. 

"We've only been gone a day," I announce, while the rest of them scope out the house. 

"Really?" Kakashi pokes his head around the door to the kitchen, his eyebrows furrowed in my direction. I nod and toss the mail onto the table near the door; it's only a couple of overdue bills that Kakashi will take care of. 

I walk further into the house, pausing near the television. On the shelf behind it is a plaque, and a fake branch of sakura-blossoms is curled around its base. I touch the memorial and close my eyes. 

"No one has been in the house since we left," Kakashi appears to my left, his hand slipping into mine. I squeeze his hand and he squeezes back, masked lips brushing against my temple. Together we walk down the hallway to Naruto's room where the kids can be heard arguing over something. 

"I get to sleep with Sakura-chan tonight!" A bubble-voiced Naruto shouts excitedly, only to get cut off by a solid thump. I hear him whine and Kakashi lets out a soft sigh. I snicker. 

Sakura growls something unintelligible at him and we stop in front of the doorway. I lean against the frame, and Kakashi folds his arms across his chest. Naruto sits in the middle of the room on the floor, rubbing at a bright red bump on his head. Sasuke sits on the edge of the bed and the gray sheets are a rumpled mess behind him. Sakura stands above Naruto, her clenched fist still poised above his head --ready to strike again. 

I grin. "Glad to be back?" 

"Yes," Naruto chimes.

Sakura nods happily and folds her arms across her chest, "Can I stay here tonight?" 

I glance at Kakashi, but don't wait for him to respond, since I am the one who wears the pants in this relationship. "Of course you can, sweetheart. You can have the bed, and I'm sure Kakashi has an air mattress somewhere for the boys." I pat said male's stomach and smile sweetly at the irritated look I receive, "She can sleep in here, and the boys can have the den." 

Kakashi vanishes. I stare at Naruto and Sasuke meaningfully, and add, "You should probably go help him." 

With a grunt from Naruto, and absolutely nothing from Sasuke, the two boys stand and exit the room. I walk over to the wooden dresser that is stuffed against the corner wall and rummage through one of the drawers.

"Don't worry," I assure the pink haired girl as I pull out a t-shirt and some shorts made of a flimsy material, "These are clean. I just washed them." 

Sakura takes them and I leave the room so she can change. I join my boys in the family room, snorting when I see Kakashi and Sasuke lounging about on the couch. Naruto huffs and puffs into the dark green air mattress. Sakura joins us and hugs my waist. Together, as a family, we watch Naruto suffer. 

"Why am I the only one doing this?" Naruto growls after the air mattress is almost half way blown up. He glares at everyone and then continues on.

"Sasuke, you should get in there and help," I nod toward the mattress as I notice Naruto's blotchy red cheeks. 

Sasuke shoots me a glare. "I'm not putting my mouth on that," he growls. 

I roll my eyes, "A little indirect kissing never hurt anybody." 

"I think I'm going to go ahead and go to bed," Sakura squeezes my waist, "I'm exhausted." 

I glance toward the clock, and take note of the time. It's almost midnight. I have no idea what's in store for us tomorrow. I ruffle her hair and send her on to bed, and then motion for Kakashi to come along to bed. "Y'all can sleep when you get that blown up," I motion toward my two boys and their air mattress. 

Sasuke stretches out across the couch, and throws an arm over his eyes. Naruto bids us a chipper goodnight and rushes over to kiss my cheek quickly. Then he rushes back to finish blowing up his bed with a determined ferocity. 

Kakashi places a hand on the small of my back and we turn into our bedroom. The door clicks shut behind us, and I hear the smaller, higher pitched click of the lock. I blink when my back slams against the wall beside the door and Kakashi's body is pressed against mine. I let out a squeak when I realize that my hands are bound above my head. "Kakashi?" 

He smirks down at me, "We're home now." 

I squint at him. Confusion floods me head to toe, and its soon burnt up by a ferocious passion as his lips press hard against mine. Our lips move together in perfect sync, despite being hindered by his mask. A hand climbs up my shirt and a knee slides in between my thighs. He pulls back a fraction and uses the hand that was enclosed around my wrists to swiftly remove his mask. I try to move my hands, but he catches them immediately with his hand and I find myself pinned to the wall once again. 

"We're home now?" I repeat through pants. 

His delicious lips twist up into a devilish smirk, and he presses his lips against mine once more in a sweet kiss. Then he pulls back a centimeter so that our lips are just barely touching. "I couldn't do anything naughty to you while we were away. But we're home now..." he murmurs. 

My cheeks burn a bright red. "Oh."

"Oh," he mimics with a snicker. 

And then we do marvelous, orgasmic things that frighten the kids.