A Quick Kiss:

Chapter Six:

I blink. “This isn’t home!”

“You’re not wearing my clothes again.” Kakashi grumbles, shoving me into the store. I smirk, I’ll probably continue to steal his clothes-piece by piece until he goes mad-, but allow him to push me forward anyways. “Go crazy.” He tells me, nodding towards the girl department. “I’ll pay for it.”

I sigh softly and shake my head, fingers curling around his wrist. “If I have to go down, then you’re going down with me.”

It’s not that I can’t stand shopping…it’s just I feel bad when I spend other people’s money…and I can’t stand shopping. Usually, I have everything I need-save for drawing supplies, I’m always running out of those. Kakashi begins to protest, brows furrowing together and lips parting widely beneath his mask, but I send him a look. It is a deadly look-one a cold blooded assassin might give to their target-and he quickly clamps his mouth shut.

“First, a sketchbook.” I drag him towards the arts and crafts section.

Kakashi sends me a strange look. “You kind of need clothes…”

“I know.” I send him an equally strange look back. “But I really need a sketchbook. I haven’t drawn in days.

“You say that like it’s the end of the world.”He scowls.

“Let’s put it this way.” I turn and let go of him. “Drawing to me is like Icha Icha to you. You can’t live without reading your little porno, I can’t go without drawing for more than a few days.”

He glares at me. “I’m pretty sure you could go a while without drawing if you really had too.”

I shake my head and turn down the next isle, thoroughly examining each sketchbook as I pass. “It’s like a nagging feeling in your gut. It nips at you.” I turn back to him and begin to lightly pinch his bicep, demonstrating just how annoying said feeling could be.

He rolls his eyes and folds his arms across his chest. I squat down and select a small spiral sketchbook.

“There.” I stand, clutching the book to my chest. “Did it kill you?”

“Did what kill me?” He blinks, totally spaced out.

“Me picking out a book. Because it looks to me like it didn’t affect you one bit.” I roll my eyes and start down the isle.

Thirty minutes later, I can’t see the sheets of my bed. Sighing softly and rubbing my temples, I slowly begin to sort through all the clothing that Kakashi insisted I would need sooner or later in my life. He’s almost as bad as my friend Jessica.

And that’s saying something.

I pick out small black spandex shorts. I wear these and a matching black turtle neck tomorrow for the test. Kakashi wants me to participate.

“So I can assess your skills, he says.” I grouch to myself, mimicking an old hag voice.

I don’t like working. Or running. Or anything that requires much effort.

So why am I a ninja again?

“Stupid Hakoge. Thinking he can just make me a ninja and all without my permission.” I shove a lacy black bra into the nearest drawer.

“Well, it’s kind of his job, Alex.” Kakashi is leaning against the doorframe, an eyebrow quirked. I jump and shoot him a deadly glare.

“What do you want?”

“You might want to sleep.” He nods towards the slowly clearing bed. “You have a big day a head of you tomorrow.”

I smirk. “Not really. Getting a bell will be easy.”