Ninja attack!!

Chapter Nine:

Damn, im already on nine O.e….i’m slow.

“I’M COMING!!!!!!!” I shriek, small knapsack bouncing around in between my shoulder blades wildly, as I run. Kakashi looks up, an eyebrow quirked, and I can see all the kids let out a very loud exasperated sigh. “Don’t leave me!!”

“Took you long enough.” Kakashi says.

“Yeah!” Naruto frowns up at me. “I wanna leave already!”

I roll my eyes and shove the kid slightly, almost knocking him to the ground. Naruto laughs, accepting the challenge, and goes to shove me back. But I am already a yard a head of them, laughing maniacally back at the blonde child.

“GET BACK HERE, SENSEI!” Naruto shouts as he runs after me.

“She’s a child.” I hear Tazuna growl to Kakashi. “I don’t know how either of them qualify as a ninja.”

“You’ll understand why when she saves your life.” Kakashi retorts, sounding bittersweet.

“Yeah.” Sakura insists, walking close to Sasuke. “Alex-Sempai is cool. Weird, but cool. And she can beat Kakashi-sensei’s booty!”

“Damn right I can.” I appear behind them, having doubled back through the trees to escape Naruto.

Kakashi sends me a sharp look. “What’d I say about cursing?”

“Poop.” I glower up at him.

“Hey guys! I’m a traveler now, believe it!” Naruto parades around us happily, “This is my first time outside of the village!”

“Am I really supposed to entrust my life with this one?” Tazuna scowls, pointing to Naruto.

“Well Alex and I are jonin, and he’s with us. So you should be safe.” Kakashi smiles cheekily, gesturing to me and Naruto. I glare at the old drunk; playing with the headband I wear around my neck to hide my bandages. (A/N: I’m not sure if I said this yet-Im too lazy to look-but she wears her head band around her neck…yeah…idk if I mentioned that. If I didn’t, I’ll add it later!) In return, Tazuna glares back at me, taking a long sip of his beer.

“You’ll see!” I blink as Naruto erupts. I must’ve zoned out. “I’ll be the greatest Hokage in the world and you’ll have to respect me!”

“Yeah yeah.” Tazuna rolls his eyes. “The day I respect you will be the day I sprout wings and fly.”

I scowl as Kakashi snags Naruto by the collar. Fighting blindly, Naruto struggles to escape and attack the old man.

“You’re rude.” I frown.

“You’re not even human.” Tazuna replies.

I shake, rage roiling up inside of me like a tsunami wave threatening an island. Ducking Kakashi’s restraining hand; I leap forward and slam Tazuna into a tree, claws inches from his old weathered face. “Look, I know who’s trying to fucking kill you and I understand that you have very little faith in us right now. But so help me god, if you don’t leave my kids and my ears out of your disgusting mouth I will personally skin you alive right here, right now. Got it?”

The man doesn’t shake. He doesn’t even look afraid. But his eyes do narrow. “How do you know?”

“Because I know everything.” I hiss at him.

“Alex.” I hear Kakashi moving behind me.

“No.” I fixate a lethal glare on Tazuna. “He needs to understand and he needs to understand now. He’s lucky that we’re still here right now. We’re all he’s got and if he keeps treating us like shit then he’s going to end up with his god damn face looking like shit.”