2.

Below the living room, Pepper reached the workroom that Tony secluded himself in almost every day. She typed in her passcode on the keypad and pushed open the door, seeing Tony Stark working on what looked like an engine. Pepper never knew or asked what he was doing and used the screen that was hovering in the air to turn down the metal music that boomed throughout the room.

'How can you hear yourself think?' Pepper questioned as she walked towards the desk. Tony barely looked up as he turned his screwdriver.

'I usually don't listen to what I think. I usually just do,' he answered and pulled out a vent from the engine. 'The method has worked out pretty well so far.'

'Well, I've got someone upstairs who is here to see you,' Pepper said as she put her hands together in front of her.

'Tell them I'm not here.'

'I think you'll want to see her.'

'The 'her' scares me. Women from the past usually aren't- '

'It's Miss Susan Storm.'

Tony put the vent down on the table and turned his gaze to his assistant for the first time since she entered the room. The name was the only one he had heard countless times in the news besides his own. Pepper saw the intrigued glaze in her boss's eyes and knew that she was right to let the woman into the house.

'Hm,' he hummed and grabbed the bottle of dark green liquid that sat on his desk. He brought it to his lips and chugged a portion of it. Standing from his chair, Pepper waited patiently as he walked around the desk and started swiping at the screen that floated in the air.

'JARVIS, search 'Susan Storm' for me.'

'Yes, sir.'

'Shall I send her down?' Pepper eventually asked with a knowing smile. She knew the woman was a thought of interest to Tony and glanced at the information that appeared on the screen about the woman upstairs.

'Yeah. And more chlorophyl. Send her down with some chlorophyl.'

As Pepper walked away to get Susan from upstairs, Tony searched through the reports on the blue-hued screen. The emergency shaft that landed back on Earth was the hottest news just before he had told the world that he was Iron Man. Even he was interested to hear about what had happened and how Susan Storm had survived the rays that had killed everyone else onboard the rocket.

'JARVIS, do we know anything about what happened?' he asked to his computer system.

'Not yet, sir. Miss Storm is yet to release a statement-' JARVIS's voice rang out as images of Susan Storm appeared on the screen. Her change of hair colour was discussed about frequently as the once blonde bombshell was now a beautiful brunette. '-but the cosmic storm is yet to be understood by researchers. From what I've found, it was deadly radiation that killed the rest of the crew onboard.'

Tony hummed and looked over his shoulder as a shadow appeared on the stairs. He quickly swiped away at the screen and removed any trace of searches of Susan Storm. Busying himself with some things on his desk, he heard the door open and close. Picking up his screwdriver, he slipped it into his pocket as he looked up. Susan Storm stood with a glass of chlorophyl on a tray in one hand and a briefcase in the other.

'Mr Stark,' she said, the English accent startling him. 'I was told to bring you this.'

'Yeah,' he replied and took the glass and tray from her. 'Thanks. British?'

'Yes. It surprises most,' she smiled lightly. Her eyes trailed from Tony's face down to the blue that glowed underneath his black shirt. The arc reactor was an invention that had also shocked the world. It was an awe to see it in real life, but Sue didn't want to be rude and stare at it too much.