71.

'Sue doesn't know I'm looking into it. I have a team of guys who are good with the bio stuff. Most of the research is being done in Richards Inc. Half of the team is from there, anyway.'

'Nice of you to let me know, Tony.'

'I didn't think you'd mind.'

Pepper rolled her eyes at the man's reply, earning a usual sniff of the nostrils from the stubborn Stark. The long-time friends walked side by side, with Johnny on the end. The scenic walk included the river that flowed by Manhattan, as well as the greenery that was salvaged in the park. Pedestrians walked and cyclists rode by, some turning to gawk at the celebrities.

Johnny took photos with fans and singed edges of his signed autographs with his lit finger. Kids cooed as a small flame appeared on the tip of the Storm's digit and they asked if he could blow something up for them. He declined when Pepper side-eyed him and opted to pat their heads instead.

'So, you think that Morgan is capable of more?' Pepper asked Tony, halting to let Johnny take more photos. Some teenagers asked Tony for a quick picture, to which he obliged before falling back into step with the two.

'Not just her. Susie, too,' he smiled at the mention of his world. 'I always thought there was more to the alteration of her DNA. The fact that Johnny's able to achieve supernova tells me that there's more to what happened on the Marvel-1. And if Morgan's already accomplished all that Sue has, then there's bound to be more.'

Pepper and Johnny had arrived at the Stark residence in Maine and were surprised to hear of Tony's desire to fly to New York. The couple had parked one of Stark Industries' private jets in the forest, so it wouldn't take long to get back in the air and head for the city. They found it odd, but they remembered that Tony was odd. They agreed to the outing and let their pilot know that their next destination was for the big apple.

Sue woke Morgan up from her nap, to made the girl wail and cry at the disturbance. Pepper attempted to help the Storm calm her child down enough to take her to the jet, but it was no use. If she was fussing before the flight, its duration would be no better.

'A screaming baby in a concealed capsule for two hours? No, thanks. It would be like flying economy.'

'Careful, Johnny. Your privilege is showing.'

After a roll of Sue's eyes, she let out a sigh and said she would stay at the house. Tony wasn't in favour of the idea, saying that he would be the one to stay. But Sue smiled and stood her ground. He had been the one to suggest the walk in New York, so he should be the one to go. She didn't mind staying. Any time with their daughter was precious to her, and she had her own ways as a mother to calm Morgan down.

So, the three arrived in New York and were on their stroll. It had been a while sine they had been in the public eye. Ever since Tony and Sue's attempt at a wedding, the Avengers shied away from the media and public sightings. Pepper held the occasional press conference for the companies but was always thrown the off-topic questions about the Avengers. Her association with Johnny and with Tony was enough for reporters to hassle the owner of Stark Industries and Richards Incorporated. But she was a strong CEO. Their questions were never answered, and she would end conferences without hesitation if reporters got pushy. She believed in the privacy of her husband, Johnny, and her friends in the Avengers. That's why Tony trusted the Potts so much. She was reliable, and technically family.

'No more on the marriage?' Johnny decided to ask, his fingers enlaced with Pepper's. The gold rings caught the sunlight that shimmered off the water of the river. The press would love to get a shot of the newly wedded couple's wedding rings, but their appearance in Manhattan had been a surprise. There was no press, only civilians who were polite in asking for autographs and photos.