67.

'Just something...'

Tony typed on the screen that was on the table and Sue turned her head to see, but all that was left was FRIDAY's screensaver. The dimensions and house plans Sue originally saw were gone. She was curious and went to ask him more about it, but decided against it. Whatever it was, the smile it left on Tony's face was something Sue found marvellous. It wasn't smug or lop-sided, like his usual expressions. It was content and it remained when he looked down at her, the love visible within his dark eyes. Sue swore that she could see a galaxy in the pools of dark brown, the twinkle she had been seeing in them recently acting as stars and far away planets.

'Everyone's left, by the way,' Tony cleared his throat. He would let Sue stare at him day if she wanted, but there were other tasks at hand.

'I passed them all in the hallway,' Sue nodded. 'What's the plan?'

'Can't do much while the tinman's in space. Thor's gonna listen out on Asgard and FRIDAY's monitoring around the clock. For now-' Tony plopped down on the stool with a sigh. '-we wait.'

A beep finished the Stark's statement and the two turned their heads to a screen on the other side of the lab. Sue was the first to walk over, seeing FRIDAY's update on the anomalies. A string of data typed across the screen and Sue realised they were a jumble of coordinates. As she read, she felt the presence of Tony behind her as he read over her shoulder. His hand slipped around her stomach and rested it's palm where it would begin to grow in the next few months. Her skin tingled underneath her shirt and Tony's head appeared over her shoulder to read the lines of data.

'Huh,' he let out, eyes moving back and forth. 'Looks like he was surfing the Thames.'

'That's in London?' Sue pointed to the coordinates.

'Director Fury has been informed, boss,' FRIDAY's voice sounded. 'Sources are telling me that the entity's next location will be at the exact opposite of the coordinates it was recently spotted at.'

'So, on the opposite side of the world?'

'Yes, boss.'

'Looks like I'm heading to Germany.'

'We are heading to Germany, you mean?'

Sue turned in Tony's hold and gave her fiancé a daring look. Her eyes burned into his as she knew what his next words were going to be. Tony was reluctant to challenge the woman, especially after the day they'd had, but he couldn't let this one slide.

'Honey, I understand that you can take care of yourself. Everyone could see that at the wedding,' he started slowly. 'But for the sake of Junior, I think that you should, and don't interrupt me.'

Sue closed her mouth in annoyance.

'That you stay here.'

'No.'

'Come on, Susie,' he groaned.

'Yes, I may have broken the doctor's rules in not using my powers. But if things get out of hand, what's a little more going to do?'

'A lot. It could do a lot, actually.'

Sue was aware that there was a risk of hurting the baby when using her abilities. If she strained herself too much or tried to hold off more than she could handle, the physical stress could lead to deformities and weaken their baby's progression. The thought of being responsible for any harm that came to their child in her belly, made her world turn dark and fill with unimaginable pain. Its health was the most important thing to her, and she knew Tony felt the same.

But as selfish as it sounded, Sue wanted to think of the team, as well. With Thor returning to Asgard, Steve absent and Bruce in hiding, the Avengers were using what they had left to continue their duties. The Earth was still far from safe, and whatever the silver surfer purpose truly was, it threatened the planet's people. She knew that everyone was capable of the Earth's protection, Vision and Wanda being the most recent additions to the list, but she wanted to have some responsibility. She didn't mind being side-lined if it meant she was at least on the field.