42.

The team arrived at the Stark tower and Clint was taken by Dr. Cho. Natasha followed the two and Thor wondered off with Bruce, the two talking about the mission. Maria Hill, previously Agent Hill for SHIELD, walked onto the aircraft as it was unloaded by the team. Steve and Tony asked for the information on Strucker and the aftermath of the HYDRA base. As Johnny walked off and into the tower, Sue wondered behind at a slower pace. She wanted to see if she could catch Tony alone, who was yet to spare her even a tint of his eye colour.

'Wanda and Pietro Maximoff,' Maria said after Steve asked about the enhanced. 'Twins. Orphaned at ten when a shell collapsed their apartment building. Sokovia's had a rough history. It's nowhere special, but it's on the way to everywhere special.'

Maria noticed Sue lingering nearby and held out the tablet that JARVIS powered with information. The woman took it with a smile and walked off, scrolling through the details about the two enhanced siblings. As she left, Tony turned and watched her go, his adam's apple bobbling as he swallowed. He waited until she was inside the tower before heading in, leaving Steve and Maria to talk.

The abilities of the said twins was extraordinary. Sue flicked through the information on Pietro, the man whose metabolism was above the standard and his thermal homeostasis was beyond any normal human being. Wanda, the one who she encountered in the base, was capable of neural electric interfacing, telekinesis and mental manipulation. They were experimented on by HYDRA and were now lose within the community. It was likely they would show up again, and Sue was prepared for when they did.

Sue put down the tablet on her nightstand once she made it to her bedroom. When she wasn't in Tony's bed, she was in the room that he made especially for her. All the things that were moved from Malibu were stored away in a wardrobe, some drawers and more storage under the bed. The windows that made up the entire wall that faced the city showed New York during the day and twinkled with the skyscarper lights at night. JARVIS operated the blinds that came down for the early mornings and there wasn't a thing in the room that wasn't tied into his systems. But she still chose to sleep in Tony's room, because she felt alone and cold without him.

'JARVIS? Can you call Pepper for me, please?' she said aloud, taking a seat on the edge of her bed.

'Of course, ma'am.'

JARVIS's screen appeared on the windows that showed the city, and the phone icon rang with Pepper's name lettered underneath. Sue twiddled with the ends of her hair, the brown minimal as her blonde took over. The sound of a click was heard, before Pepper's voice flooded the room.

'Hello?'

'Hey, Pepper.'

'Sue, how are you?'

'I'm okay. How are the companies going?'

'Stark's still in its usual chaos. Richards Incorp. is running smoothly. It's a pleasant change. Richards' almost runs itself.'

After Killian was removed from the land of the living, Richards' company was back in limbo. Sue contemplated taking it back under her wing, as the last time she signed it over, it was in the hands of a man who tried to kill her, Tony, Johnny and Rhodey. However, the reminder of how little time she had for it was evident when she moved into the Stark tower. With negotiation and form signage, Pepper was able to find someone in Stark Industries to run Richards' company, all while operating under her supervision. It brought a great deal of relief to Sue to know it was in good hands.

'Can I ask a strange question?' Sue asked, her fingers running over the ends of her hair.

'Sure. I'm not busy for once in my life.'