75.

Sue didn't know she ended up at the Avengers Headquarters. Her insistence on retirement was working out as well as Clint's was. His was perhaps better, as he wasn't present at the headquarters. Yet Sue was, and Morgan had somehow tagged along too.

'Still no word from Vision?' Secretary Thaddeus Ross's hologram asked.

'Satellites lost him somewhere over Edinburgh,' Colonel James Rhodes was sat in a chair at the meeting table.

'On a stolen quinjet with four of the world's most wanted criminals.'

'You know they're only criminals because you've chosen to call them that, right, sir?'

'My God, Rhodes, your talent for horseshit rivals my own.'

'If it weren't for those Accords, Vision would've been right here.'

'I remember your signature on those papers, Colonel.'

'That's right. And I'm pretty sure I've paid for that.'

'You have second thoughts?'

'Not anymore.'

From beside Rhodey, the sliding glass door slid open at FRIDAY's operation. The reunited Avengers stepped into view for the hologram of the Secretary of State. They saw Rhodey's legs, which still suffered paralysis, but were powered by a machine that acted as if they worked like normal. The technology was perfected by Stark Industries and gave Rhodey the power to walk again.

With Steve Rogers in the front and with his new look of full of facial hair and darker locks on his head, he stared down the blue haze. The last time the two spoke was over the Sokovian Accords, and they hadn't seen eye to eye. Judging by Ross's narrowed eyes, the bad blood was yet to be washed away

'Mr Secretary,' Steve greeted coldly.

'You got some nerve,' Ross's eyes ran over the team behind him. 'I'll give you that.'

'You could use some of that right now,' Natasha Romanoff whipped, a red eyebrow raised.

Johnny stood behind Steve, his eyes equally as hard. After reuniting with his best friend, Johnny felt invincible. Despite the purple bruise that covered his cheekbone, the Storm could take on an army if he had Captain America by his side. When Steve climbed the stairs of the house in Maine and entered the bedroom, Johnny had squinted through the dark. The shoulder width and height were undoubtable and Johnny lit a finger to confirm his suspicions.

'Hey, Johnny,' Steve had said once his face was lit from the small flame. The friends embraced like men did, and Johnny resisted the urge to hold Steve longer than deemed suitable.

'The world's on fire. And you think, all is forgiven?' Ross eyed the Rogers specifically.

'I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking for permission. Earth just lost her best defender,' Sue resisted a flinch. 'So, we're here to fight. And if you wanna stand in our way... We'll fight you, too.'

'Arrest them.'

'All over it,' Rhodey pressed the box that produced the hologram to cut the feed. He stood from his chair and had no intention of detaining the group.

'That's a court-martial. It's great to see you, Cap.'

'You too, Rhodey.'

The Colonel's eyes switched to the team, nodding to them to show he was glad to see them too. A small whine came from the back, making him step to see around the side. Slightly embarrassed, Susan hiked Morgan up further onto her hip. She used her free hand to push a long piece of hair that slipped into her fringe, before she caught Rhodey's gaze. In the group of superheroes, Sue bounced Morgan to soothe her daughter's whines of protest of being in the strange room of glass walls and government official's holograms.