94.

The relief was short-lived at the Avengers Headquarters. Scott had heard the return of wildlife outside, and Clint's phone buzzed with the name 'Laura' gracing his screen. Everyone had returned and the universe was whole again, but the team were blasted by an array of missiles. The Sanctuary II, the ship of Thanos and his army, jumped from 2014. They rained down on the Avengers who were trying to reverse Thanos' future deeds, and he needed to stop them.

The compound was reduced to rubble and the team was separated. Rhodey, Rocket, Clint, Scott and Bruce were buried under debris, the Banner using his remaining strength to hold up the caving roof. Thor, Steve and Tony were able to escape the compound's demolishment, and three receiving minor injuries. The base was flattened and the sky turned dark from the smoke that wafted from combusted wires and electronic fixtures.

'Come on, buddy, wake up. That's my man,' Tony helped Steve to his feet, the shield of his father's making in hand. 'You lose this again, I'm keeping it.'

'What happened?' Steve let out, looking at the disarray of what was their safe place.

'You messed with time. It tends to mess back. You'll see.'

A crater laid in the middle of the land where the missiles made impact. A hill of debris shielded what occupied it's centre and the two men coughed at the soot and ash that polluted the air. Dirt caked their cheeks, and they did their best to ignore the aches and pains in their joints from the explosion.

Tony and Steve joined Thor, who stood on the light incline that overlooked the crater. The Odinson's face was hard as he stared into its centre where Thanos waited. Although from the past, the titan was equally as menacing and driven as the last time they saw him. With his minimal armour and violet complexion, Thanos waited for the original trio of the Avengers to join him in the crater.

'Where are the Stones?' Steve asked without taking his eyes off their enemy.

'Somewhere under all this,' Thor motioned to the mess beneath his feet. 'All I know is that he doesn't have them.'

'So, we keep it that way.'

'You know it's a trap, right?'

'Yeah. And I don't care much.'

'Good. Just as long we are all in agreement.'

Thunder rolled into the sky and the crackle of lightning lit up the clouds of dark smoke. Thor's hands were greeted by his axe, Stormbreaker, and his hammer, Mjolnir from Asgard. He brought the hammer back from his planet that now ceased to exist and exchanged his Earth clothes for his silver armour and red cape. The beard that reached the middle of his chest was braided and he appeared as Thor Odinson. He was no longer afraid and ridden with guilt from the blip. He was the rightful king of Asgard and wielder of two great weapons that proved he was the worthiest.

'Let's kill him properly this time.'

Below the rubble, Rhodey, Rocket and Bruce were at risk of drowning. Water flooded from broken pipes and the roof weighed heavier and heavier on Bruce's already weak shoulders. The constant whoosh of water pooled up to their shoulders, Rocket kicking his small hands and feet to stay afloat. But he would soon grow weak, and the water would consume his lungs, as it would to Bruce and Rhodey.

'See you on the other side, man,' Rhodey gasped, the water climbing up his neck. After years with the military as War Machine and being a part of the Earth's mightiest heroes, Colonel James Rhodes never thought he would lose to water.

'Hang on!' Scott cried into their earpieces. 'I'm coming!'

Scott was in his miniature form and slipped through the few cracks of the compound. Jumping through holes and skidding under fallen beams, he tried to get to his teammates before the water pooled above their heads. But his coverage of ground was minimised, a metre taking seconds to leap across. No matter how hard Scott pushed himself, he wouldn't be able to make it at his size. But if he were to return to normal, walls of debris would prevent him from getting through at all.