91.

Sue went to follow the two Starks back towards the elevator. Howard said he needed to pick some things up from his office along the way, and Tony was able to stutter out that he would walk him there. Sue hung back to let them talk as she knew that this was a moment for Tony to talk to his father for the first time in over twenty years. But as she passed a window that showed the outside of the base, she stopped and let the two disappear around a corner.

'Sue? You there?' Tony hissed over his shoulder while Howard grabbed some flowers and a pot of sauerkraut from his office.

'Who's Sue?'

'Uh...' Tony had to think fast as Howard Stark stared at him with a raised eyebrow. 'The woman in my head. I have a mental issue.'

'Oh. I'm sorry...'

'Oh, no. She's great. She's... yeah, she's great.'

Susan stared out the window that showed the New Jersey'land that seemed to stretch on forever. None of the base's occupants tended to this side of the base, so Sue was the only one who viewed the vast landscape. It was bland and boring, but it was the sky that drew Sue's attention. A reflective dot soared downwards and grew bigger as it headed for the base. She squinted at the bright light that she thought was a trick of her eyes, but when it grew to have arms, legs and a surfboard under its feet, she knew that she wasn't hallucinating.

Heading out of the building in a sprint, Sue didn't care that her loud footsteps thudded against the floor. A woman let out a yelp as she thought it was a ghost that barrelled past her, and others turned their heads in confusion at the noise that led towards the backdoor. 

Sue broke out the door that led to the secluded side of the base and kept her gaze to the sky. Its blue was fading from the arrival of the evening and the sun would soon set over the east. They would need to be heading back to their time, but Sue couldn't leave at the sight of the silver surfer.

'Do not be afraid,' the monotone voice that she knew too well sounded. The surfer hovered in the sky and looked down at Sue, her invisibility doing nothing in tricking him.

'You can see me? And why the hell shouldn't I be afraid?' Sue called out. 'You're part of Thanos' children, right? Are you here to stop us from finding the Stones? Because that's not going to fly-'

'I am not here under Thanos' command,' the surfer's pupilless eyes blinked. 'I am here to fulfil history. You must come with me.'

'What are you on about? Why would I ever trust you?'

'I am no longer serving Thanos,' it lowered down to the floor to be on an equal level as Sue. She couldn't read any emotions on the reflective face that she had encountered multiple times throughout her years. But when it stepped off its board and disturbed the dirt under its feet, she was surprised. SHIELD had concluded that the alien got its power from the board and it was defenceless without it. But it remained off of its power source and was left exposed.

'I was promised the survival of my planet by Thanos. But like the remainder of the universe, its inhabitants were halved. Including the one I love...'

Sue remembered the day SHIELD took down the surfer in Germany. It stated that it was observing for its master, who it served to spare its planet and lover. But it seemed that even the surfer couldn't escape the monstrosity of Thanos' lust for power.

'I'm sorry for your loss. But I lost too...' Sue felt bitterness in her heart.

'I am aware. But there is more to what could be lost to you, Susan Storm.'

'How so?' a chill ran down her spine when it said her full name.

'The events of the cosmic storm that gave you your abilities was a moment in history that is vital to the Quantum timeline. But it needed interference. A disturbance is and was necessary for the prophecy that is the world that you know.'