95.

Tony viewed the battlefield through his suit. FRIDAY showed the logistics of his attacks and monitored his blind spots. His repulsors powered and charged to burst through alien flesh and rip off Outrider limbs. Chitauri attempted to shoot their weapons at the red and rose-gold suit, but Tony blew them to smithereens before they could land a hit. Missiles deployed from his shoulders and weapons soared through groups of Outriders, raining the crater with guts and gore.

'Pepper!' Tony called at the sight of the blue and green-gold suit. 'How's the suit?!'

'It's unbelievably terrifying!' the Potts cried, firing her repulsor with an arched arm. The shot still its target, that being a Chitauri's chest, but didn't meet it's full potential.

'You're doing great, love!' Johnny was heard, the Storm flying low to melt a few aliens. 'You look hot too! And Stark, what the hell did you do to my sister?!'

'Wasn't me, hotshot! You have to take that up with the silver Charles Xavier.'

At the mention of the woman, Sue flew above Tony and Pepper and landed between them. Shots of blue sparked from her forearms that she threw down beside her and four Chitauri were thrown backwards. Spinning her arms and shielding herself at the same time, Sue bewildered her watchers beyond words as she obliterated masses of aliens at once.

'Sue, honey, babycakes, you're scaring me,' Tony voiced with wide eyes. 'You wanna tell me what happened?'

Sue turned to Tony, who finished with an Outrider and waited for her explanation. The Iron Man suit stared at her, its eye holes lit and arc reactor gleaming in its chest. She had cleared a path and allowed her time to head over to Tony as his helmet and mask retracted into the neck of his suit. Pepper glanced over her shoulder, unsure if she was being snuck up on, before heading over to the two while her own helmet retracted.

'Susan, you look...' Pepper went to finish but stopped at the sight of the purple veins throughout the Storm's face. '...um... refreshed?'

'It's a bit of a long story and I don't technically get it myself. But from what I've gathered, is that more radiation equals more power so...' Sue shrugged with her bottom lip jutted out before realisation hit her. 'Oh, my god, Pepper. What are you doing here?! Whose looking after the kids?!'

'I gave them to my parents. Don't worry,' Pepper smiled and resisted the urge to tear up. 'As soon as Morgan came back I... I couldn't believe it. Booker was confused but... I'm sure he'll learn what happened when he gets older. But I knew you would need some heavy machinery in this fight, so I took them to my parents. They were happy to take them-'

'Guys, I know I've been gone for five years, but can we not discuss things without me?!'

An array of heat shot over their heads as Johnny lit up a group of Outriders that barrelled towards them. Johnny looped around in the air and stopped above the three, his flames roaring on his shoulders but clearing to show his unimpressed expression.

'I've missed a lot, haven't I?' he frowned, and Pepper smiled sadly up at him, her orange hair blowing into her teary eyes.

'Yes... but you have all the time in the world to meet her,' Pepper said, and Johnny knew what she meant without elaboration.

'Looks like we've all got an obligation to live through this.'

'Damn right, reaper sauce.'

Thundering footsteps made the group turn to see Cull Obsidian with his large axe. The colossal beast roared and targeted the four, its previous encounters with the Storms and Starks unfinished. The alien reared back its large weapon and the group split, Tony and Pepper jumping to the sides with their helmets reformed over their faces. Sue's blue waves carried her into the air and joined Johnny, the siblings leaving the enormous menace to the Iron suits.