40.

'Clint's hit pretty bad, guys,' Natasha's voice sounded worried. 'We're gonna need evac.'

'I can get Barton to the jet. The sooner we're gone the better. You, Storm and Stark secure the scepter,' Thor said to Steve.

'Copy that.'

A tank rolled over the hill up ahead and Thor let out a laugh at HYDRA's attempt to take them on. Sue watched as soldiers tried to jump off and continue the pursuit on foot, only to have Thor collide his hammer with Steve's shield. A shot of lightning rebounded off the vibranium and exploded the tank, the soldiers caught in the blast.

'Find the scepter,' Thor said to Steve before he spun his hammer. The weapon pulled the demi-god into the air and he took off to find Clint and Natasha.

'And for gosh sake, watch your language!' Tony cried and Sue stifled a laugh. Steve looked to her and shook his head.

'That's not going away anytime soon.'

Tony infiltrated Strucker's lab and took care of the soldiers inside. Johnny followed through the same window shortly after, seeing Tony's suit in sentry mode while he worked on the computers. Johnny shook off his flames once his feet touched the ground and stepped over the groaning soldiers. Tony looked up as JARVIS went through the systems and sent all its information back to headquarters.

'Lot of help you were,' Tony said as he looked back down at the computer he typed on.

'I was taking out the gunmen,' Johnny motioned out the window defensively.

'Yeah, and melted half the forest while you were at it.'

Johnny huffed and looked around the laboratory. Its walls were rough concrete and kept all the cold that drifted in from outside in its frame. Anyone who worked in the lab would need winter coats just to keep them comfortable. Johnny was about to be thankful for the thermal insulation Tony built into his suit, but he remembered that he was constantly the temperature of a woodfire.

'I know you're hiding more files,' Tony mumbled to the computer. 'Hey, J, give me an IR scan of the room, real quick.'

'The wall to your left, I'm reading steel reinforcement. And an air current,' JARVIS informed.

Tony looked to where Johnny stood and saw a crevice that didn't line up with anything in the ceiling. Johnny stepped aside as Tony edged in front, putting his hands against the cold wall.

'Oh, god, please be a secret door,' Johnny begged, and the wall swung open. 'Yay!'

Sue and Steve made it into the HYDRA base. Stairs ran from the bottom entry and led up several floors. Sue felt the cold sting at her cheeks, blood rushing to them to keep them warm. Pink patches swirled on her pale skin, and she even felt her fingers begin to lose feeling. Eastern European winter wasn't something she was used to, but she was doing better than most of the team. Her hometown in England had cold winters and she remembered them as a little girl. Snow was a sign of her childhood to her, so it wasn't an issue for The Invisible Woman.

'We'll split,' Steve said to Sue as they climbed the stairs. 'You go off at this floor and I'll keep you updated through the intercom.'

'Sounds good, cap.'

'And be careful!'

Sue headed off the stairs while Steve continued up. She took precaution and slipped into transparency, wondering through the halls unseen. She vaguely knew what Strucker looked like as she had seen a picture of him in the report Steve sent to her and Tony. Anyone who wasn't on the team would be a target, so it didn't matter who she took out. But she had to be aware of the enhanced they encountered in the forest. Someone was zooming around with abilities that were equal to her own, so she was sure to be wary.