3.

Sue watched the opening of the Stark Expo while she made her dinner in the kitchen. After a long day of handling business affairs, she had decided to watch the man who she would be working with open the large event in his infamous Iron Man suit. She resisted the urge to roll her eyes as he landed in the middle of the stage with cheers sounding from the large audience.

'Miss Storm?' A voice came from the intercom attached to the wall. Sue put down the bowl of pasta that she had made for herself and turned to the intercom, seeing her assistant.

'I have a Pepper Potts here for you,' Felicity said. Felicity was Reed's assistant but was transferred to here when she signed for the company. Sue still wasn't sure how to take her yet, as Felicity was only in her mid-twenties, while she was in her mid-thirties.

'Thank you, Felicity. Once you send her up, you can go home for the day.'

'Thank you, Miss Storm.'

The elevator doors that sat near the kitchen opened after a short while and Pepper appeared. The women smiled at each other and exchanged a small greeting, Sue showing Pepper to the sofa that sat in the open-plan living room.

'Tony wanted me to give this back to you,' Pepper held out a reused plastic bag. Sue took the bag and looked inside, seeing her blue suit screwed up in a ball. Her chest pinged with annoyance at the lack of care and knew that Tony had carelessly tossed it in there for a reason.

'I'm assuming he put this in a reusable plastic bag to make a statement?' Sue raised an eyebrow at Pepper who looked slightly embarrassed.

'He told me specifically to leave it in there,' she said in a bemused tone. 'He said he's made an enhanced version of it. I don't know what that means, but I'm sure you do.'

'I suppose so,' Sue huffed and put the bag down next to her. 'Thank you for bringing it over. Were you on your way home?'

'Yes. I live just down the road here.'

'I'm sure you're flooded with work on the Stark Expo's grand opening,' Sue put the TV on to show Tony's presentation happening live. 'He sure knows how to make an entrance.'

'Unfortunately, that's his style,' Pepper let out a snicker. 'I have a million and one things to talk about with him tomorrow. I should get going. It was nice to see you.'

'You too, Pepper.'

Pepper left and Sue was alone. The suit sat disregarded and deemed useless in the plastic bag beside her and Sue hoped that Tony was on track for a breakthrough.

---

'He just signed over the company just like that?'

'It certainly seemed like it.'

'CEO of Stark Industries. That must be a lot of work.'

'Trust me, it's a lot to scramble together considering Tony left it in shambles.'

Sue walked with Pepper down to the workshop as they talked. Tony had signed over Stark Industries to Pepper and the poor woman barely had a moment to herself. She had found a new assistant for Tony, who Sue had seen walking around with long, curly red hair and in a tight, black dress. Sue knew how it felt to be running a company that had been near enough dumped on them, but at least she had directors who handled most of the logistics of it.

'The Invisible Woman has arrived.'

Sue's eyebrows pinched together as Pepper ascended back up the stairs and left her in the workshop. Tony stood with the blue screens floating around him of different graphs and charts. His voice rang out across the room and Sue wondered if she had heard what she thought she did.