46.

The Avengers travelled to the African coast in search of Ulysses Klaue. His salvage yard was on the outskirts of the closest major city, and the team parked their quinjet outside the large warehouse. They thought it was best for Bruce to stay in the aircraft and they would call for him if they needed a Code Green. Their earpieces were connected to the ship, so he would only be a call for help away. For extra protection, Sue volunteered to stay with him. If anyone could protect Bruce or protect others from Bruce, it would be her.

'I'm sure Tony talked to you about Ultron,' Bruce made small talk with the woman. They weren't the closest of friends, but they had a mutual friendship that was enough to instigate a conversation.

'It was never our intention to create what he is...'

'I know what Tony's like,' Sue sat on the floor of the hanger, one knee propped up with the other stretched out. 'His self-destructive tendencies have put us in some sticky situations. You're not bad in my books, Banner.'

'You'll be one of few, then,' Bruce chuckled.

'What do you mean? I've heard that Nat's lullabies work like a charm?'

'They do. I mean from the past,' Bruce smiled at the mention of Natasha's name.

'What you've done in the past is done,' Sue gave him a reassuring smile. 'I think saving the world a few times gives you an official pardon.'

The panel at the front of the quinjet screeched with noise and the two got to their feet. They headed to the intercom and heard clashes and gunfire, Bruce heading to the open ramp at the back. He looked to the Klaue's salvage yard and search for any commotion.

'Guys?! Is this a Code Green?!' Bruce yelled back to the panel.

'Johnny? Tony? Do you need us?' Sue tried but there was no answer.

'Should we help?' Bruce turned and looked to Sue. She wasn't sure if it would disrupt the plan if they headed in guns blazing, but from the sounds of it, the battle inside was heated.

In sight of the quinjet, Pietro and Wanda Maximoff appeared from a silver blur. The silver-haired Sokovian zoomed his sister out of the salvage yard as Clint planted an electric arrow onto Wanda's head. The shock was painful, and the sensation lingered under her eyes. She winced while Pietro held her shoulders and looked down at his twin.

'What can I do?' Pietro asked worriedly.

'Ah, it hurts,' Wanda winced.

'I'm gonna kill him. I'll be right back.'

'No. I'm over it. I want...I want to finish the plan,' Wanda opened her eyes and looked at the quinjet, where Bruce looked out anxiously. 'I want the big one.'

The twins watched as Sue walked out to stand beside Bruce, the two conversing for a moment before walking back into the hanger. Pietro raised an eyebrow at the woman, before he turned to Wanda who smirked at the unexpected appearance of Susan Storm.

'What about her?' Pietro asked.

'Even Better. Stark's lover.'

---

Tony cornered Ultron and prepared to use his repulsors to destroy his current host. Ultron was unbothered as he could simply transfer to another robot of his making. But through Tony's urge to make things right, he fired up and looked at Ultron through his mask.

'You're not going anywhere,' he said, and Ultron smirked.

'Of course not, I'm already there. You'll catch on. But first, you might need to catch Dr. Banner. I'm sure you wouldn't want him and Susan Storm to cause a havoc.'