98.

Everyone watched the surfer call for its board. It stepped into the silver liquid that lapped over its feet, before it lifted its knees to drive its vessel upwards. Shooting into the sky, the Avengers waited until the alien was nothing but a silver gleam through the thick smoke. After it disappeared, the smoke that layered above them parted and dispersed. White clouds occupied the space with a bright blue background, the return of birds and insects bringing life to the Earth's atmosphere. Thanos was gone and everything could flourish as it was meant to.

'I'm a little confused...' Scott was the first to speak. The thick tension was tough to break, and the man walked towards the group that stood together looking to the sky. From where he stood with Doctor Stephen Strange, Bucky, Sam and the Wakandians, the silver surfer was seen exiting the huddle before it then flew off without another word. Amongst everyone else, Scott was unsure about what their next move was.

'We're all a little confused,' Bruce replied and squinted at the sunlight.

Pepper and Peter were stood to the side, still wiping away their tears. But from their position at the end of the huddled group, they were able to see the movement that once laid still against the pile of debris. Peter, whose eyes were cracked with redness and skin caked in dirt, perked up from his hunched posture and gaped at what he saw. Pepper let out a gasp and her shaky hands cupped her open mouth, the noise making everyone turn to the duo.

'Oh my god!' her voice was muffled through the palms of her hands. With pinched eyebrows, the group followed Pepper's gaze and turned back to the couple that they were previously mourning.

Susan stirred first; her eyes that had slid shut fluttering open. The wound that was the culprit of her death was healed, leaving the smooth skin of her abdomen as the only thing in place of the torn suit. Blood remained over the ripped edges of the material, but its predecessor was nowhere to be seen.

The woman's eyes moved back and forth between their edges, the haze of her death still present. But Susan was alive. Her chest rose and fell and the Avengers' gaped at the way her arm lifted to wipe the back of her wrist across her chin. Blood smeared from the action and Sue let out a cough, the last of the pool splattering out of her mouth and onto the dirt. She leant forward and arched her back, letting out a groan. A small ache burned where Thanos' blade had pierced through, yet, there was still no wound.

'Yikes, that hurts,' Sue hissed quietly to herself, before lifting her head and looking at the wide eyes and open mouths above her. She stopped her actions, her arm twisted around to her back to soothe the burn. 

Thor was on the end of the huddle and her eyes travelled from his furrowed brow and gaping mouth to Clint, who wore a similar expression. Bruce was at the back, his large, green figure towering over everyone. His eyes jittered in their sockets, trying to find a logical explanation to the miracle. Next was Johnny, who spluttered noises and half-formed words. He was sure that he was hallucinating. Maybe he had been hit in the head by the surfer, the betrayal to Thanos all being a façade to get the upper hand on them.

Sue's journey along the gaping Avengers finished on Steve, Rhodey and Wanda, who all stood rigid with wide eyes. Steve glanced next to him, looking down the line of his team to ensure he wasn't the only one seeing such things. But just like Steve, everyone was gobsmacked at the revival of Susan Storm.

'What?' the word slipped from Sue's lips like normal. Her raised eyebrows and inquisitive stare baffled the team, and no one had the strength to answer her question. They had all watched her die. The immense blood loss teamed with the impaled vital organs was undeniably fatal. But here she was breathing and growing irritated with the lack of response from her friends.

'What did I miss?' Sue blinked but the team continued to be unresponsive.

A loud gasp broke added to the shock. Everyone within earshot jumped, their heads whipping from one miracle to the other. Tony's eyes sat wide open, fog in his mind at first but clearing to take in his surroundings. He gasped for air and his chest heaved, the arc reactor in his suit suddenly glowing brightly with life. Despite his fatal wounds lining the entire right side of his body and face, Tony jerked his head around with a frantic stare.