59.

The blue fluorescents casted an unflattering shadow across the room. Sue wished they had installed a window to at least let some natural light in. But she would have to deal with the sickly blue, no matter how awful they were. Her hands clenched the sheets of the bed she sat on with her legs hanging over the edge. The blue gown the woman wore was equally as unflattering as the lights, and Sue's ears were yearning for something other than the pound of her heartbeat, and the air conditioning's woosh of wind. Her toes were cold as they hung inches from the floor, and Sue let a piece of blonde hair fall in front of her face from behind her ear.

The door opened and she straightened her hunched back. The doctor held a clipboard that contained her results, and he gave the woman a friendly smile. He was a dashing man with brown hair that was slicked back, and wrinkles formed next to his eyes when he smiled. Tony and Johnny were sure to let the hospital know who they would be tending to, so the best services would be provided.

The sight of Susan Storm being guided into the ER in her red suit was a strange one for the hospital staff. Johnny Storm, clad in his own blue suit, held her arm while Tony took large strides in his Iron Man suit. He had been outside with Rhodey, who had been badly injured in the fight that took place after the quinjet left with Steve and Bucky onboard. Paramedics immediately met them once they arrived and took the man through without question. The other three were left to go through the normal route that was the ER.

Other patients who sat in the waiting room watched in awe as the three celebrities went up to desk and asked to see a doctor, Tony's mask up and his suit gaining most of the attention. There was a short wait, which was filled with some autograph signing and picture taking. The pain that originally brought Sue into the ER had subsided, but she wasn't up for pictures and photographs to sign. Tony made sure to let people know this, so he gladly took the attention in place of her.

Once she was ready to be seen, Johnny said he would stay with Sue. Even though Tony was worried for her, he was also worried for Rhodey. The hit he took was bound to be serious, and Tony wanted to at least find out what the damage was. Sue understood and said they would all communicate once they knew what their injuries were. Her fiancé had given her a kiss on her forehead, before leaving to find where Rhodey had been taken.

'Well, Miss Storm, the pain you felt in your stomach can be explained,' the doctor laid his clipboard down on a trolley. Her suit also sat folded on the trolley, holes ripped through the material and pieces of thread burned from Johnny's attacks. The suit was designed to prevent a majority of injuries, but it wasn't invincible. Being made by Tony Stark, it's reputation proceeded it, and the doctor tried to only glance at it nonchalantly.

'Now, I'm not a doctor in the effects of cosmic radiation and your exceptional abilities,' he unclipped something from his board and walked over to the wall where he could hang pictures up to show her. 'But the pain would have been from some exertion during your... um... battle?'

'Yes...' Sue laughed awkwardly. She shifted her hands from the edge of the bed and put them together in her lap.

'Right.'

The doctor took the two sheets he had in his hands and slipped the top edges under the frame of an X-Ray viewer. The viewer would usually make X-Ray images transparent, but these weren't X-Ray photos. Sue stared at the pictures for while, as she didn't understand what they were at first. The swirls of grey and black didn't show anything, so she glanced towards the doctor who stood with a smile on his face.

'I'm assuming you experience the common effects of fatigue after exerting yourself. It's the same as when you exercise, or tire your body to the extent of needing replenishing. That's what happens when you use your abilities. This is normal. But considering your current situation, it would have strained other parts of your body. You're weaker than usual and things are beginning to change since you're about eight weeks in-'