57.

'Can I just say-,' May Parker put her cup of coffee down on the coffee table. 'I am a really big fan of yours. I think you're amazing.'

'Well, I'm flattered-'

'Oh, I'm sorry, Mr Stark. I meant Miss Storm...'

Susan attempted to stifle her laugh, but the cup of tea that was at her lips made it difficult. Wiping her chin with the sleeve of her jumper, Sue lowered the cup down, its contents sprayed down the side. Her grin was wide as Tony did his best to seem unbothered by May Parker's confession. He slipped one button through its hole on his blazer and cleared his throat, looking away from May who looked embarrassed and amused at the same time.

'No, that's okay. I think its about time Houdini had a fan,' Tony turned to Sue and gave her an envious look.

'I have fans,' she fought back before smiling at May Parker. 'I appreciate your support.'

'Can I ask where you get your hair done? I loved the way you had it when there was the invasion here in New York. I tried to replicate it, but...' May held the ends of her brown hair and ran her finger over the split ends.

'Well, I used to go to a place in Malibu. But since then, I've struggled to find somewhere that deals with radiation-effected hair,' Susan explained with a small shrug. May nodded along before letting out a loud gasp.

'Oh my gosh, how are you going to have it for the wedding?!' the woman uncrossed her legs and stared at the Storm wide-eyed. 'What sort of dress are you going to be wearing? Expensive, probably. Have you decided on a new date, yet?'

'I-It's all just being prepared, at the moment,' Sue looked down at her hands awkwardly. 'We haven't had the time to set a new date. All our previous options were pushed back from... unforeseen circumstances. But we'll be-'

Sue was cut off by the sound of the front door opening and closing from down the hall. Footsteps thudded against the wooden floor, before a young boy appeared in the entrance of the hallway. His brown hair was pushed back off his face and white earphones sat in his ears. At first, he glanced up once to see his aunty who sat on his right.

'Hey, May,' he greeted, turning to throw his backpack into the kitchen corner.

'Hey, how was school, today?'

'Okay. This crazy car parked outside...' the boy's words trailed off as he finally looked up and to his left, where Tony Stark and Susan Storm sat with plates of walnut, date loaf in their laps. Peter Parker's thumb that was jabbed over his shoulder as he mentioned Tony's sportscar sat frozen in place with his eyes as wide as dinnerplates.

'Mr Parker,' Tony greeted, putting his plate of walnut loaf on the coffee table.

Peter took out his earphones and shoved them into his pocket. He spluttered nervously at the sight of the two superheroes in his living room. His eyes flickered back and forth between Tony and Sue, overwhelmed by their presence.

'Um, wha-what are you doing...? Hey, I'm-I'm-I'm Peter...'

'Tony.'

'Susan.'

'I know who you guys are...' Peter flashed a large grin before returning to his stuttering state. 'What are... what are you-what are you guys doing here?'

'It's about time we met. You've been getting my emails, right?' Tony stood up to be in front of Peter Parker.

'Yeah, Yeah. Regarding the...'

'You didn't tell me about the grant,' May spoke up and Peter glanced at his aunty.

'The September Foundation,' Tony finished.