chapter 22- ❝truth❞

W/mentions of rape

W/mentions of rape

                  𝗬𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝗪𝗔𝗦 Malias funeral. It was a bit emotionally for me because we were friends for a very long time but nonetheless I'm happy she got the burial she deserves.

I'm laying on my bed on my phone with Jagger laying by my feet because he finally decided to stop being a suck up to Valeria and finally give me some love. This dog was so expensive and he doesn't even love me like what the fuck.

I'm interrupted out of my thought by Valeria walking into my room. She gives me a small smile before sitting at the edge of my bed. I turn off my phone and turn over to face her. She smiles at me before opening her mouth to say something. She quickly shuts her mouth.

I look at her in confusion because what's so hard for her to say. I sit up against my bed and lean against the head board. "I came in here to ask if your ready to talk to me about what you had left, I'm not rushing you but the wait is killing me," she says before siting criss cross on my bed.

I feel like the air was knocked out of my lungs. Of course I was gonna tell her but I didn't expect her to be asking me now. I nod my head at her. "Yeah, I guess. It's never something I'm gonna be able to open up and talk about but it gets easier everyday so yeah we can talk about it," she nods her head.

Here we go.

"We met when we were kids. When I was ten to be exact. And we were close until I turned 16 and you were 15. The reason for that was because I had gotten a girlfriend at the time. The reason I got a girlfriend was because I was in love with you," I pause and stare at her to see her tense and a shocked look come into her face.

"I was in love with you pretty much since I saw you. I needed a distraction to get you off my mind and try to move on so I got a girlfriend named Scarlett. Everything was going good until she started to tell me that I needed to cut off communication with you because we were to close and people would think we were dating," I say.

She nods her head and rolls her eyes. "It doesn't matter if she came you were always gonna be my bestfriend and I wouldn't have waited for you no matter how long it takes," she says with a slight smile which makes my lips tilt up. I pull the blanket up to my chest before continuing.

"Over the course of the relationship she made me stop talking to you and move away from Italy and I thought that was a step in the right direction so I did. So I lost you and I felt like I had no one because you were gone and my family was always at work so I was pretty much alone,"I say before continuing.

"More time had passed before she started to pressure me about having sex with her and I had told her many times that I wasn't ready for that and she agreed and we didn't do anything sexual for a while," I say and my heart starts to feel heavy about starting to explain the next part.

"One day I was startled awake by movement on top of me. I had woken up and seen her on top of me with her hand in my pants and I had thought nothing of it because it wasn't anything to serious to me at the time. I told her I didn't like it and she stopped," I say my voice cracking at some parts.