bonus chapter 2

𝗧𝗢𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝗜 𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗡 18 years old

𝗧𝗢𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝗜 𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗡 18 years old. It's crazy because I feel like my life has passed so quickly. I make my way from my bedroom into my parents room to talk to them. When I walk into the room they are making out and my mom is pushed against the wall by my dad.

"Uhm," I say to get their attention without being mean about it. They break apart and their eyes go wide once they see me. "I'm sorry you had to see that ladybug," my dad says.

The nickname makes me smile. I've always been closer to my dad then my mom. I still love her a lot I just gravitated more towards him. I would always cry as a baby when he didn't hold me. I am apart of the mafia so I would always train with him because I just love to be with him.

"What are we doing for my birthday?," I question them and their phases morph into one with guilt and sadness. "Today was your birthday?," mom asked shocked. I nod my head at them.

"I'm sorry baby we forgot we've been busy lately trying to get your brother ready to become the don," dad says and my heart clenches in pain. Did they really forget my birthday? I'm always silent and in the background so they don't have to much stress, did they seriously forget me.

"It's okay we don't have to do anything there's always next year," I reply happily trying not to let my facade crumble. "I'm sorry," mom says and I just smile at her before turning around and walking away to my room.

Once I get inside I sit on my bed and I finally let the fake expression crack. Tears start to well up in my eyes. I don't ask for anything ever I thought I deserved a celebration to becoming an adult. Maybe I don't deserve it. That's what Milo always tells me.

Milo is Jaxon and Roman's son. I've had a crush on him since I was little when they adopted him when he was 12 and I was 10. He was always mean to them and didn't understand why he had to get a new family. He resents them to this day.

But most of all he's mean to me. He would bully me about my looks, body, personality anything he could find. I was always nice to him I adored him and thought he was the most handsome boy in the world. I still do. Maybe he is right though I don't deserve anything like he would always tell me.

Tears fall from my eyes onto my cheeks as I sit in my bed and have my knees up to my chest and hugging my arms around them. I may appear dramatic but this was the one day that was solely about me every other day is about my older brother or the twins. I just wanted to feel special.

I have a brother named Emiliano and two twin brothers named Demetri and Stefano. All of them are overprotective of me but are the center of attention in the family I just sit in the background.

I wipe away my tears and go into the bathroom to look at myself. My face is blotchy and red, my eyes are puffy and my nose is running. I wipe the rest the tears off my face and splash cold water on my face. I decide to make some lunch for everyone because everyone's busy and the cook is on her day off.