chapter 28- ❝missing you❞

1 month later

1 month later...

𝗜𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗦 𝗕𝗘𝗘𝗡 𝗔 month since we last seen Emilio. If I said things were getting any better then I would be lying straight through my teeth. I spend every waking minute missing him and hoping he was here.

All day I sit in my room in the safe house wearing his clothes as I cry all day. I miss him so much words can't even describe how I'm feeling. I hardly eat, sleep, shower, get out of bed. I only move to go the the bathroom and shower before getting more of his clothes to rap myself in.

They bring me ultimate comfort. They smell like him, remind me of him, and comfort me like he did. It's like a big hug from him. All his clothes are huge on me because I've dropped so much weight from not eating because I'm never hungry.

If I eat something my body just rejects it and I throw it all up. Most days I'm not even hungry. So I'm just bones now. My face and eyes hurt so bad from crying so much. I don't talk to anyone unless I'm by myself. I'm currently laying in my bed wrapped in Emilio's favorite hoodie as I hug myself.

Everyone has been working to find him and I can't bring myself to do it. Not knowing if he is alive is killing me. The door cracks open and I see Ivey walk inside. She has a tray of food and Jagger with her as she walks to my bed and sits in the edge in front of me.

Tears flow done my face as if it's second nature. They don't stop for anything. She moves my hair out of my face and wipes my tears as I stare at the wall. "Val, can you eat something for me please," she asks and I just continue staring at the wall.

"I miss my beautiful bestfriend, I miss your voice and your laugh. I hate to see you like this. He's probably out there fighting to come back to you," she says and i revert my gaze from the wall to stare at her. She smiles at me as I move in my bed to sit up.

My whole body hurts from the lack of nutrition I've been getting. I sit there facing her as she grabs a spoonful of the soup and guides it into my mouth. I slowly open my mouth and let her put the spoon in my mouth. It tastes good I slowly swallow the bite. She smiles at me.

She continues to feed me as jasper jumps on the bed and sits next to me. I move my head and take a bite of the soup and Jagger wiggles his tail fast. "Yes!, your mama took a bite of the food," Ivey cheers and pets him and he howls loudly.

I stare at my dog and Ivey with a small smile on my lips. The first smile I've had in a month. My smile quickly fades as bile rises to my throat. I quickly push my hand against my mouth as I get up and try to rush to the bathroom but my body is so brittle it only takes me to a few steps before I fall on the floor.

Ivey comes to me and picks me up before rushing me to the toilet where I empty all the contents of my stomach. It keeps going until their is nothing left. My throat feels raw and hurts at the violent throw up that just came out of me. I turn and see Ivey holding my hair back as Jagger sits on the floor and starts to whine.