Chapter XIV | The Rospher Burrow

"I don't think planning such important things over here would be a good idea, anyone could possibly eavesdrop on us. If you wish for a more secure place, then we could plan it at my burrow?" Toivo suggested.

"You live in a burrow?" I exclaimed out of astonishment.

"Well...It's not exactly a burrow like a rabbit burrow, it's more spacious and comfy, more like a real home. But, it does have a structure similar to a burrow." He replied.

×---------×---------×---------×

We began following him through the forest of the lanky and half-dead trees towards his 'burrow'.

"Do you stay in your 'burrow' all alone?" Galena questioned.

"I am sorry, but it's better if we don't question such stuff here, you never know where his spies or fool come wandering from", He gave us an apologetic smile and we smiled back in reassurance.

After some more walking and turns that we didn't notice Toivor finally stopped in front of a plant with giant leaves, and perhaps the only plant with any greenery left in the forest. He moved one of the enormous leaves of the plant and revealed a whole on the ground, which was big enough for a human to enter.

"Follow me" he said and jumped into the tunnel, Galena gave me a puzzled look before following him into it too.

I backed off, "I am not following a rabbit into a whole"

"Are you coming or not?" Galena's voice echoed from inside of the tunnel.

"Guess I have no other choice," I regretfully jumped into the tunnel and as soon as I was about to reach the wooden ground, my speed slowed down as if the force of gravity had somehow changed and I softly landed on the ground.

"What took you so long?" Galena questioned. She was sitting on one of the wooden chairs that was surrounding the wooden table on which the vexerbud was sitting on.

"Sorry" I apologised and looked around, there were some tiny wooden houses that looked similar to bird houses at some of the areas on the oak wooden wall, there were candles on bookshelf and tables that lighted up the room with its golden shine and there was a really appetizing smell that filled the air which caught my attention, I followed the smell with my nose leading the way, around the dining the table and through an arch wooden gate which made me end up in the kitchen. The smell seemed slither from a pot on the countertop. I began wondering what could be so delicious inside as I slowly approached but I snapped out of all my thoughts as soon as I heard a really loud barking sound.

I quickly ran back into the living room to find...

"Calm down flubber! We don't want to startle our new friends!" Toivo gushed to a giant brown dog with long fluffy hair, resembling mostly a wolf but a really really fluffy wolf-the kind which makes you want to squeeze it to death.

"Woah! What is that?"