Chapter LXXV | The Star Twinkles Again

So, to summarize the hell which happened in a sentence, "Galena...Your mother found us," I mumbled as I nervously stared at her stern ivy green eyes.

She sighed, "I...am...speechless...," Yet she continued to give us a fifteen-minute-long speech on how irresponsible we were in front of everyone on the street.

A hover car(riage) stopped in front of us and, we hopped in alongside Queen Adela. It had a sublime shape and was hovering over the ground just like any other hovercar. It looked like a vintage cerulean blue chevy camaro with its old-timey design and the bonnet statue of a miniature barn owl with an olive wreath around its head. And though it looked really small with only two seats at the back, as soon as we stepped inside, we were slightly shocked as we gawked at the hidden-great hall inside the car.

There was a massive dome glass roof above us, out of which we could see through the car roof. Vintage lounge areas and furniture were spread across the Edwardian carpet floor, colourful Arabian lamps floated in the air and lightened up the room, and an elegant yet sharp smell of royalty flourished in the room.

We lazily took our seats on one of the chairs and, with our chins resting on our wrists, we boredly listened to the strict scolds of Queen Adela. She had begun to care about us so much nowadays that it had starting me to remind me of my own mother, and the more I remembered about home, the more my heart ached.

"And," She once again added as Galena yawned, "You have lost the opportunity to be delivered off a great surprise"

My eyes squinted from curiosity as I straightened my back, "What surprise?"

"Well, if I say it, it won't be a surprise anymore,"

"Oh, please! Please say, what was it?" I begged.

Queen Adela smirked, "Well, now you all are listening, but don't worry, there's still another surprise waiting for you back at the castle,"

"Really? What-what is it, then?" I stuttered from excitement.

×---------×---------×---------×

I was rushing through the hallways in a bustling hurry alongside Galena past the workers, we knocked down the bucket of water that the sweepers were using to mop the floor, and almost broke the plates that one of the maids was carrying before finally reaching in front of the wooden-bronze door to the room of my sister.

I didn't wait for another second to pass and flung the door open. I gasped for breath as I looked at my sister, who sat on the bed, taking a sip from a pot of soup while making a disgusted face. She quickly glanced at me with bewilderment at the sound of loud commotion before it turned into a more relaxed and cool one.

She swiftly kept the pot away before I could throw it out of her arm and spill it all over as I raced towards her to give her one of the biggest and warmest hugs I have ever given in life. I wrapped my arms around her, resting my head in the crook of her neck while she squeaked for me to let go as I suffocated her to death. No, I wasn't crying warm tears of utter joy or complaining to her how dearly I missed her, no, my arms were wrapped around her neck as I choked her, her face turned beetroot-red as she tried to get me off her shoulder, "WHAT IN THE F----- WORLD DID YOU THOUGHT?!" I barked at her. Distorted words and syllables came out of her mouth as she tried her best to get my arms off, but no, I had learnt great lessons in those battles, and I wasn't going to waste them today, "K-k-ky-rah...pl-ee-se"

Galena hurried towards her, trying to get us off each other but failing due to her small size and my great strength. Toivo and Queen Adela barged into the room, alongside some others behind them, looking at us with shocked faces before quickly getting us away from each other-well, getting me away from that foolish goat, who started to cough like a broken toad as soon as my arms unwrapped from around her neck. Galena quickly poured water from a jug into a glass and passed it to Iris, who weakly drank it.