Chapter LXII | "I love him more than thousands of cups of dad's berry smoothie"

All of the muscles of my body were struck with pain as if hundreds of thousands of Flubber had sat on top of me. My fingers and head twitched as life fell into my body again. My senses awakened, my skin feeling the cold-rugged floor I was lying on and the freezing air around me that stung my face, my nose sniffing the disgusting rotting smell around me.

Suddenly, a gagging feeling rang in my throat. I quickly sat up and pucked the water out of my lungs. I wiped my mouth with my sleeves and turned my head up to look around. I was in a dungeon, the only source of light there was the moonlight that echoed from the tiny window at the far right of the back wall. My clothes had become soggy, my hair a mess, and I had no idea what had happened but then I slowly started to remember, We have been caught and there is no way out now. My mind once again became a dull mess.

Everything and every source of hope to continue on our outlandish quest was lost.

I curled up in the corner of the room, beneath the silver moonlight, my chin resting on my knees.

Is this what it will be like from now on?

Where is everyone?

Nothing can be saved now, can it?

I sighed, gawking at the silver dust that floated and swirled in the moonlight, resting my head on the stone wall. Every muscle and cell in my body screamed, my mind dwelled in the mists of the past, the waves of laughter we shared, the songs we sang together, could it come back? But I was too tired to cry.

"Hey," A familiar cold-soar voice that seemed to come from behind the cold metal bars spoke, I quickly stood up, slowly striding towards the dark figure, the electric blue scar that stretched across his jaw and his oyster-grey eyes looking down at his feet which had an actual apologetic look slowly becoming visible.

"Cepheus?" I faltered, my fists clenched to my sides, it was indeed the boy who we ought not to talk about again, the one who betrayed us when we needed him the most, the one who broke the poor heart of Toivo who trusted him the most. And here he was, daring to stand in front of me.

My jaw tightened, "What do you want now?"

He took out a pendant from his pocket, the red crystal carved into the shape of a human heart dangling out of his fist, "Give-Give this t-to Toivo" he stuttered as he passed his shaking hand through the bars beckoning me to get it as he continued to look down at his feet, "T-Tell him-I love him more than thousands of cups of dad's berry smoothie"

I scoffed, "You think, you will apologize, we will have pity on you and we will ask you to come back? After all that you have done? So, you can happily betray us again for that...flippin' thief Greg?"

He didn't speak a word, his hand started to shake hastily, I sighed and snatched the pendant out of his hand, "If you loved your brother so much, why did you betray him, huh?"

His hands clenched into fists as they fell back to his sides, he turned and started to walk away, speaking not a word.

"Are you just gonna walk away or consider answering my question, you coward?" I tattled.

"Yah!", he howled as he furiously turned back and dashed towards me, "I AM A COWARD! I WAS AN IRRESPONSIBLE-DEPRESSED CHILD! I WAS RECKLESS! I WAS NAIVE! I WAS A REBEL!", each word he spoked was louder and full of rage than before, "AND WHEN I FELT IT, I MADE DUMB MISTAKES and now-now I AM A RASCAL-A BETRAYER-A COWARD- WITH NO HEART OR SENSE!", his nose wrinkled as his eyes slowly started to become wet, "I KEPT MAKING MISTAKES AND EVERYONE-EVERYONE KEPT POINTING AT THEM-THEY EXCPECTED ME TO BE PERFECT-TO BE MATURE-BUT NONE TAUGHT ME HOW TO-AND NEITHER DID THEY EVER ASKED ME HOW I FELT ABOUT IT!" he sighed, rubbing his brows, fighting back the tsunamis of tears,

"So-so I stopped being perfect and found someone who-who actually asked me-about my-my feeling an-and tried to understood me after all these years and I don't want to be confused over what is right or wrong and yes-yes I do regret falling over-over my comfort zone but-but it's hard-it's hard to be out there in the world with no-noone to tell how it feels-noone to share your thoughts with-and Toivo-he did made me feel like that-but I didn't wanted him to cry-cry over my-my problems, I was-confused and I-I didn't wanted him to be as well so-so I left and I am-I am scared to tell how I feel to-to anyone ever since but Greg-that thief Greg, atleast he was there for me when I needed him and atleast he didn't left me all by myself to fetch through life" he took a step backwards as he threw his hands up, "I am sorry for being a traitor and making you go through all this and I don't care whether you accept it because everyone knows it's you all who will win at the end of this scrabble" He stepped backwards, turned and walked away, leaving me in baffled silence of confusion. All that I could hear of his presence last was his echoing footsteps and the loud slamming of door behind his back.

I sighed, lifting my hand and unclenching my hands to see the odd pendant he had given me, when I realized, there was a rolled piece of paper tied to the silver chain of the pendant. My forehead furrowed as I removed the paper from the metal chain and unrolled it. On it was written,

"Adolf is Lineson"

Who the heck is Adolf?