Chapter LXXI | The Final Fight

I stood frozen at my spot, slowly realizing the trap I had just fallen into.

How could I not have realized it?

His disappearance and all of this plainly led to the fact that he wanted to corner and end me as the prophecy clearly said it would be the Sunrise sisters who would end his reign. He cornered me away from others so that he could outpower and defeat me cause I would undoubtedly be vulnerable. All those times when everyone tried to protect us from Greg, keeping away any harm from me-the prophecy so it could be fulfilled easily. But now, I stand alone with the most dangerous danger they worried would fall upon us, and now, I must fight and prove myself worthy of this prophecy. But would I?

I held my Vijrisk firmly in my hand. My adrenaline was ready to kick in. I carefully gawked at the translucent purple smoke which swirled weirdly around me. My ears cautiously listened to the sounds of the twigs snapping and branches falling as they burned in the toxic green fire. The skin on my body felt the piercing and burning heat that the fire emitted, the wounds and cuts on my face and hands hurting even more rigorously than before.

"Iris!" An utterly familiar sound rang up from somewhere around the clump of trees near me, catching my attention as I shifted my head toward it.

"Iris!" The person once again called out. I slowly trotted towards them, thinking it was probably someone from the troop who also came in to look for her. The sound kept calling out to her, getting more and more anxious and shrill with every yell. It was way too oddly familiar and felt strangely cringy to listen to.

I finally found her. There midst the churning purple smoke, she stood standing, hopeless and afraid. Her silver-blue eyes darted all around her. Her wild chocolate brown wolf-cut hair was covered in sweat and blood, and she wore a pair of blue Converse which was covered in dust and blood as well. Scratches and wounds ran across her tan face, covered with the blanket of anxiousness.

An unnerving chill went down my spine as I watched her with eyes wide open from shock and panic.

whAt thE f-

She was me. Like, literally, me. I was there, standing and, I was also here, standing, and I was looking at me...wait, what?

I quickly flew away from there, and then, I finally noticed it. Kiri's sword was in my hand all this time, so how could it have been with her? That means it must have been me. But...it's not possib-unless...

This was all one of his illusion tricks things.

I stopped running and stood straight with my feet rigidly placed on the ground. I gulped down the lump of anxiousness and turned back, looking back at the way I had just dashed through.

No, I am not going to run away and cry like last time.

I am going to fight this crap and find my flippin' sister.

I sprinted back through the way but, when you're making your way through an obscuring and toxic purple gas, you would certainly end up getting lost.

How am I supposed to find my sister when I can't even find myself?

What if he'd got her already? What if-

My face went pale as the intrusive thoughts zipped across my mind making me panic even more badly than before.

What should I do?

-Run through the gas in one direction

No, no, that's not safe,