Chapter XXXIII | Encounter with an Aredes

"I guess it would be better if we don't discuss that here, no-one knows how many ears might be listening to us" I stated.

After walking through one or two more corridors, we finally reached the gate.

I extended my hand to open the door, "Wait!" Toivo interrupted, "What?" I asked.

"Uhh- n-nothing" he stuttered.

"Toivo, please tell us WHAT IS IT?" Galena exclaimed.

"Well... this door isn't exactly the exit to outside" he declared "You will see another door after you go through this door"

"That's the exit?" I questioned, "Yes." Toivo replied. I extended my hand once again....

"But..." Toivo interrupted once again.

"But what Toivo?" I asked, frustrated.

"The thing is that, it might not be that easy to get through that'' his eyes squeezed.

"And could we kindly know WHY?" Galena grumbled.

"Because after going through 'this' door" he said pointing at the door "trouble awaits you"

"Toivo stop messing around with us and explain this TROUBLE properly!" I shouted.

"Ok-I am sorry, so basically It's an Aredes creature, most commonly known for its huge size and particularly for it's evil stare, The Othon" Toivo explained "Cepheus told me that he kept it for the 'Intruders' who passed his camp and that it was given to him by a 'Good Ally' of his " he slightly growled.

"Greg" Galena noted "Of course- it was that traitor who gave him all these!"

"Isn't it possible for you to tame this creature? Like as far as we have seen and known that you may not be good at anything else but you sure are good in nature and stuff"' I noted.

"Flubber is a type of Cerenos creature and the vexerbud was an Artemilo but this creature- this creature is an Aredes, most dangerous and ferocious type, no-one have hardly been able to defeat them in the century and you expect that I would tame them?" Toivo explained.

"So, what should we do?" Galena asked.

"Well it does have one weakness though" he admitted "Speed"

We opened the gate and entered the dark room, which was covered with a strange silver fog.

~Silence~

"Stay aware and cautious- and remember.." Toivo muttered. "Stay together," Galena and I whispered.

We kept walking, Toivo leading us through the weird thick fog.

My legs were feeling as if they would soon melt into a puddle of jelly, my ears became cold, my hands started to shake as millions of questions invaded my mind.

When will this end?

What if something bad happens?

What if the plan doesn't work?

Something just didn't feel right.

"How far is it now?" I shakingly whispered.

"Just a few more steps now," Toivo replied, his voice as well trembling with fear.

"Swoosh"

Something moved behind us, we stood petrified looking at the thick silver fog as billions of drops of sweat slithered down our necks.

Suddenly, Flubber barked loudly.

"Run!" I shouted.

We quickly sprinted out away from our spots.

"BOOM!"

A hairy black perhaps a foot stomped in front of us, shaking the ground, sending terrific chills down our spines.

"Oh no no no no no no no...." Galena babbled as we ran following Toivo.

"Use your superpower?!" Toivo shouted.

"She can't, certainly not now, if the monster shows up while she is doing that we would crash into the smelly hair of the beast!" Galena stated.

"OH GOD! NO!" Toivo muttered as he ran towards the exit.

"Swoosh" Another hairy black hand showed up, moving through the thick fog, towards us.

"Move!" Toivo shouted.

We quickly sprinted away but Galena tripped falling straight onto the hands of the hairy monster.

"GALENA!" Toivo and I screamed.

The fog cleared and there stood the black hairy and smelly giant holding Galena in its hand, his face similar to those of Sloth, holding Galena in both of his palms near its green ivy eyes.

Galen stood her face becoming emotionless slowly as she gazed into the giant emerald eyes of the beast.

"No, not the stare" Toivo uttered anxiously.

Suddenly, for probably the first time in my entire life my brain cells worked at the right time.

"Toivo do you have the hover shoes?" I questioned.

"Uhh.. Yeah" he said, rumbling his hand through his weird pocket. "Her" he said, handing me the marvellous hover shoes.

I quickly hopped my foot in and closed my eyes "This better work this time" I whispered as my legs sprinted with all their might, everything went almost silent.

I opened my eyes and there stood a few feets below me the giant hairy-poisonous emerald eyed monster.

"GALENA!" I shouted.

Galena snapped out of the weird oblivion she was going in and jumped out of the hands of the smelly giant as she stretched her hands to catch onto mine.

For a mere second I thought she was going to fall back to her death as if it was destined for her that day but then the strange superpower I got kicked in, my arm burned as it forced up to catch onto the trembling hands of the little kiddo.

I dragged her through the air as I ran, following Toivo and Flubber towards the exit while the Hairy black monster growled behind our back.

Please Lord, just get me outta this place!