Chapter XXIII | The Next Clue

His companions stood like an army behind him, they were kids but still seemed so strong perhaps, it is the strong faith that made them so strong. The place was large with serpent green walls, the 4 walls around us were filled with 4 doors on it, the ground was hard and wild black, threads of sun rays made its way into the place through small holes on the ceiling.

The boy raised his hand offering a handshake "I am Cepheus, Cepheus Roberts. May I know yours?" he said, trying to look as friendly as possible.

I accepted the handshake "Kyrah, Kyrah Wilson." I replied in trying to sound as stern as possible.

"Delighted to meet you Kyrah.." he moved towards Galena, offering a handshake to her as well "And yours?"

"Galena, Galena Mikellar" Galena replied.

"Galena? But that's the lost princess's name? Are you pranking me or something?" he said slightly chuckling.

Toivo holded Galena's dagger but he paused, "May I?" he asked. Galena nodded, he took the dagger and showed it to Cepheus "Check it out for yourself". Cepheus gently took the dagger in his hand while keeping his attentive eyes on the dagger. His eyes grew bigger each second he stared at it, he raised the dagger high up, a string of sunray hitted the blades of the dagger, reflected light shone upon an area on the ground and created a black shimmering crystal with green and gold glitters.

Everyone gasped seeing the shining crystal form out of nothing but light "No way!" Cepheus murmured out of astonishment "That must mean!" He kneeled down on one of his legs, holding his sword facing down and his companions as well quickly kneeled down "I am really terribly sorry you majesties for my disrespectful and totally hideous behaviour!" he apologised.

I was surprised by the sudden change they had, I had no idea what to do or say, I just stood there awkwardly smiling.

"No issues, you all have put so much great effort preparing for the great battle and kept your faith alive and strong even through these horrific times, I am more than happy for that so, raise faithful soldiers of ours!" Galena said, everyone stood up straight once more.

Thank youuuuu Galenaaaa!!!

"Thank you, your majesty. So, how much have you completed?" Cepheus asked.

"Till here" Toivo replied.

"Till where?" Cepheus asked.

"We have figured out the first clue," I replied.

"And may I know what it is?" Cepheus asked.

"Sunrise, Sunrise is the first clue, the sun raised in the direction towards the Main Land so, we came here, the next clue must be here somewhere only." Galena replied.

"And that's all you have reached too? Have you even figured out the next clue?" He asked, almost annoyed by our answers.

We shook our heads in guilt. Cepheus sighed from disappointment "So, why did you come here?" His voice has turned from friendly to stern.

"We came here for your help in finding the next clue as you have been staying here for a long time and you would be knowing a lot about this place" I replied trying my best not to seem nervous or stupid because I knew I have already disappointed him a lot and I don't wanted to make the matters even worse.

"Sure, I would help you but only on one condition" he replied.