Chapter XXI | The Arrival at the Camp Regain Mikellar Pt:1

We were walking and taking turns for a little while through the terrifically crowded street of the Mainland as we followed Toivo's lead.

"Toivo! When are we going to reach?" I asked out of impatience.

"Just a little more steps," Toivo replied. He took a final turn into a quiet and dark alleyway.

Roaches crawling, sounds of wild street animals and the smell of dirty trash filled the air of the strange alleyway. No sign of humans anywhere.

"Toivo, Are you sure this is a good place to be at?" Galena asked worriedly.

"Plainly not, but don't worry we will not be here for too long." Toivo replied "Oh! And be cautious, the place we are going to will not be as welcoming when you first arrived there as you thought it would."

He took out a guitar from his bag and played it not in much musical way but more of like unlocking a password using the string. Suddenly, Wind started to take speed and strength and a tornado formed around us. The ground beneath our feets started to break but we didn't fall because we were holded up in the air by the powerful winds. Flubber was out of Toivo's hand, floating in the air.

"Toivo, What did you do now?!" I screamed but he didn't reply and instead he had a sly smile on his face.

The wind took us inside the hole in the ground which was filled with white dense fog and it dropped us there. Toivo landed perfectly with Flubber back in his hands, Galena didn't land perfectly still but better than me because I landed straight on my face.

"Ouch!" I said struggling through the pain fortunately, Galena gave me a hand which fastened the recovery process. 

The wind was filled with thick white fog, we could hardly see each other, and the place from where we fell was gone and covered by the fog.

"Stay Alert!" Toivo whispered.

Galena took out her dagger from her bag, ready for the unknown threat Toivo is talking about. I too stood my ground, prepared with my fist weaker than one of a mouse, clueless of what is happening.

Out of a sudden, an arrow furiously came towards Toivo but fortunately, Galena quickly sprinted and sliced the arrow in mid air using her dagger.

Many more arrows started to shoot towards us. We were unable to see who was shooting it but we know we need to protect ourselves. Galena and Toivo swung their blades, slicing the arrows as it came. I stood there scared like a frightened cat, covering my head with my arms out of fear of getting shooted.

An arrow swiftly came towards me, I quickly ducked and dodged the arrow.

I need to do something too to protect myself or else I will become the aim board of these arrows.

I quickly started to search here and there in an effort of trying to find something that could help me defend myself and I found a really peculiar looking red crystal on the ground. I quickly picked it up and the crystal melted into hot liquid into my hands and my skin absorbed the liquid. It was painful and stingy but after it had been completely absorbed, the pain was gone.

"What was that?" I thought to myself while curiously examining my hand out of bewilderness and astonish.

Suddenly, I felt as if something was coming towards me, I quickly turned my head to see an arrow in the air a few metres in front of my eyes but the weird thing about it was that it was moving at a very slow speed as if the time had been slowed.

I quickly grabbed the arrow in mid-air and broke it with my fist.

How in the world was I able to do that?

______________________________________________

Author's note: ✨Hellooo everyone! hope you all are doing well and enjoyed reading this chapter. And Thank you for all the supports you all are giving me!, it's really helping a lot. If you enjoyed reading this chapter, then make sure to vote and if you would like to suggest any improvement then please give it in comment section, if you would like to support me then you can follow me or share this story with your friends and families. Thank you for choosing to read this story!✨