Chapter LVIII | Nora Bint Abdullah Al Qamar

I remembered the article I read randomly out of boredom on this random website I found randomly, titled "What to do when being chased by someone?". I tried remembering the points, and surprisingly, I did remember them! Now, I get why I can't learn the atom structures and fundamental particles because such kinds of stuff have bought its land in my brain.

First of all, Don't go to your house-

As if I have a 'house'.

Don't start texting or browsing-

Yes, I am in a world where internet connections and phones exist!

Look at your follower and confront them-

No, thank you.

If everything fails, yell 'fire' instead of help and run!-

Oh yes! Someone will be able to hear my shouts through these thick walls!

None of these tips was helpful, my heartbeat seemed to have started to beat in my temples, and sweat rolled down my neck like worms crawling. "That's it! Today's the last day of my life!" said the sweet voice in my head to cheer me up. Suddenly, my arm started to burn, I rubbed my arm and peeked at it, "Wait! THE SUPERPOWER'', a clock sign had been formed with the crimson veins on my arm. And without second thinking, I squeezed shut my eyes and counted till three before running, feeling the flush of air, brushing side my cheeks but, hang on! I opened my eyes realising I was not running at my superhuman but normal pace. I looked at my arm, the clock was gone, my arm once again normal and the person following me was as well running after me. I yelled 'HELP! HELP!", as it was the only option I had left to save myself but none heard my desperate calls.

I finally took a deep breath in, "THIS-IS-DUMB! DON'T BE A DINGUS!" cried the frantic voice in my head. I stopped running and turned around looking at the dark silhouette of the person chasing me, I roared and ran towards him before getting pulled up by a rope that fell out of the open vent on the ceiling above me in the twinkling of an eye. The person who captured me, threw a jute bag over my head before I could even scream a note of panic and shock.

I am not just being hunted by one cult but two! Great.

They held me by my left arm as they ran like the wind, pulling me along as I screamed like a banshee, "Could you please stop screaming!" an orotund-tight voice with a mix of British and Arabian accents hissed in my ear.

"Who-Who the heck are you?" bewildered and panic-struck, I stuttered.

We took a sharp turn and ducked behind something as the other cult's footsteps passed by us. Cold silence covered us, which I dared not to break. The fainting footsteps, the rattling moths and my frightened breathing were the only sound interrupting it.

"They are gone," the girl whispered and quickly took off the jute bag from my head.

I was sweating crazily and the hair on the back of my neck was standing as straight as a candle as I looked at the cloaked girl, with horror studded in my eyes, "Sorry," she murmured in a stern voice, tapping the moon pin on her huge dark cloak with gold silk lace at its border and a not much equally large hoodie that covered half of her face which quickly revealed her moon-grey eyes as it retreated into the moon pin alongside the rest of the cloak, "But tell me, why did you dare to come here?" she added. She was wearing a black veil which covered her hair it was tucked in her cream turtle neck sweater over which she wore a double trench black coat, she wore black baggy long pants and oxford black shoes and didn't look much older than I was. We were standing in a six feet tall vent system, it wasn't neatly built and had unpainted brick walls and brittle cement ground and its pipelines were visible.

"I...uhh..." I stuttered, trying to think of what and what not to say, "I-I came here-to-find something"

"Wot?"

I fiddled with the fingers of my hand that were hidden behind my back, "Why-Why do you want to know?" I anxiously muttered.

"Because it's clearly not safe for little kids like you to roam such dangerous buildings" she replied clearly.

"Then, why are you here?"

"Because I am looking for something as well"

"What are you looking for?"

"You didn't answer my question", she stared at me menacingly.

"It's-uhh...a family heirloom stuff" I blurted out whatever came into my mind, "You?" I timidly mumbled.

"Ironically enough, it's a family heirloom as well" she spoke.

My curiosity grew larger and keen, "Why do you need it?"

"I consider, that's enough passing of information" she suggested, 'So...would you like to stay as a partner with me or continue on your quest yourself if yer brave enough?", she shrugged.

"Umm...No, thanks" I chuckled anxiously, trying not to sound rude, "I will go off by myself," I said taking a few steps back and turning.

You know what? This is certainly a bad idea.

And before even a minute had passed I turned back towards the oyster-eyed girl and joined her in her journey for as long as my fate tells. I realized that my invisibility hood must have fallen off somewhere that's why they were able to see and catch me. Galena's gonna be mad at me.

After a few seconds of the brittle yet tough silence between us, the girl finally broke the silence and spoke, "You may ask a few questions" she allowed.

"Okay", I cleared my throat, it felt as if I was waiting for this moment for an eternity and it was finally here, "Well, what's your name?"

"Nora Bint Abdullah Al Qamar, it's a long name so just call me Deya" she simply answered, "Yours?"

"Kyrah Wilson", my eyebrows furrowed, "Wait, you're from the AL QAMAR FAMILY?!" I blurted.

"Yes and kindly please talk lowly or else we might be found easily, again" She warned in a low voice.

"Oh sorry," I recalled about the other cult (the ones that were hunting me), "Who were those people trying to catch me?"

"At first, I thought they were simply the security guards but, they were more advanced and equipped than a normal guard, and then, I realized they were A-Class Royal Knights, it's strange that they showed up here because they are high-graded and only do tasks requiring great hard and smart work, which must mean something really really special is happening or is here" she explained.

So, the guards have come here and are looking for us. Hopefully, the others don't get caught.

She opened a metal gate on the ground, the exit back to the hallway and jumped out, I followed her out as well but fell sideways instead of my feet.

"You alright?" worriedly, she asked quickly pacing towards me.

"Yeah, I am fine, Thanks," I droned getting on my feet.

"Well then let's go" she turned and continued trekking.

I continued asking questions, "How long have you been here in this building?"

"About a week or two" she replied.

"A WEEK?" I said with my mouth agape.

"Shhhh! Lower your voice!" she once again reminded.

"Sorry," I hissed, "What were you doing before coming here?", I waited but she didn't reply, perhaps she didn't want to answer.

"Sorry I can't answer that," she declared, "How long have you been here?"

"I came-"

"KYRAH!" A familiar high-pitch voice rang from behind us, We turned around and there was Galena, Toivo, Iris and the huge fluffy brown dog, Flubber, that had surprisingly fitted into the narrow hallway, looking at me with mixed expressions of perplexment, astonishment and relief.