Chapter LXV | Combatant Dusk Base

The fresh chilly breeze of winter morning brushed upon our cheeks as we glided in the sky, racing through the sky. I watched down at the soar of flying metal robot eagles with electric blue eyes and beaks pointy enough to easily tear through flesh and flying drones and silver fighter jets chasing us through the sky, getting closer and closer to us with every second.

"They are coming near!" Toivo yelled from behind Charlie.

"At the count of three, switch on the shield and engine magnifier" Charlie ordered as he began counting, "One, Two, Three"

Carla and others pressed a green button and flicked a silver toggle switch on the ski mobile, and suddenly, everyone disappeared into thin air, I could hear the buzzing sound of the turning of a rotary switch and,

WHOOSH!

The ski mobile zipped across the chilly air towards the cloud, entering through it in a shivering blur before slowing down as it finally reached the most breathtaking realm of the sky, the warm blazing sun shone in front of us, its citrine-like shine glistening the blanket of white foggy clouds lying beneath us as we glided through the air.

"Woah!" I mumbled, forgetting to breathe as I admired the glorious view.

"Majestic, isn't it?", Carla chuckled.

"Y-yeah," I whispered.

"Grab on tight, we're gonna take a few dives!" Carla alerted, as she clicked the red rocker switch. I grabbed a better hold of the end of the snow-mobile and,

WHEEZE!

The mobile did a straight-on nighty-degree curve downfall like a roller coaster ride, I screamed from terror as Carla shrieked from joy as we made a sharp nine-degree turn upwards again and flew in a loop, before falling and swirling through the air in circles downwards again. I slowly started to enjoy the crazy ride as my stomach did backflips now and then.

We finally did our last fall and rose back over the wet clouds, as we tried to catch our breath.

"Oi, Carla and Kyrah!" A voice that came from somewhere near the cloud beneath us called us out. We looked down and there was the raven-haired girl and Nora, "Wanna race?" asked Nora, who was sitting behind the raven-haired girl.

"Alright, just don't whine if you lose again, Nova!", Carla smirked.

"Oh! Don't worry about that! worry about the fact that I have just upgraded my mobile with extra notch top speed, it might not be an even compete for you" the girl, Nova, teased.

"We'll see who will worry after my mobile has set its skis first on the ground once again" Carla surmised.

"We'll see indeed,", Nova smirked before diving her mobile through the cloud and disappearing.

"Wait! I didn't say go!" Carla complained as we followed her through the clouds, pressing the green button and flicking the silver toggle once again as we pierced through the wet clouds.

Tall bushy snow-covered trees obscured the entire forest floor, we dove towards the snow-blanketed bank of a frozen lake, the speed of the mobile becoming faster and faster with every meter lessened between us and the forest floor.

Suddenly, something zipped past us at a far more pitcher pace than us, landing on the bank before us, "NO!" Carla shrieked. It was the snowmobile of none other than Nova and Nora, they gave us a teasing smirk as they got off their mobile. We did a sharp ninety-degree turn and landed on the ground. Carla let out a short sigh as we got off the ski mobile onto the thick layer of snow.

"I guess, you win," Carla sheepishly said as she and Nova shook hands, Carla wasn't wearing the formal black knight dress she wore back at Cepheus's burrow anymore, and neither was the sternness on her face anymore visible but rather replaced by a warm, charming yet sly smile. She was wearing an oversized brown and beige striped sweater with beige straight pants and brown shoes.