Chapter LIX | Finding The Last Heirloom

"Yer-yer the sunrise sisters?"

I introduced Nora, and, Iris, Galena, Toivo, and Flubber to each other, and it wasn't long before she realized that we were indeed the Prophecy Chaps and her hand clapped onto her mouth.

"Thanks for guarding my sister for so long", Iris grabbed me by my arm, "But, we need to leave and proceed to complete our tasks now," she said coolly.

"Wait!", I pulled my arm back as she looked at me undoubtedly puzzled by my action. "She's from the Al Qamar Mark family line," I revealed, "She can help us find the heirloom".

Iris's eyebrow drew in a line of astonishment and dazzlement, "You are?" she said gazing at Nora.

"Yes," she said in a firm voice, swiftly taking something out of her pocket, it looked like an ancient gold pocket watch with something in Arabic elegantly carved on its back, instead of English or roman numerals, Arabic numbers were there to show time, but weirdly, there weren't minute, second or hour hand to point at the time, "And you might need this if you wish to proceed to complete your tasks," she said holding it towards Iris.

Iris cautiously took the watch from her hand by its gold chain and held it by her wrist at her eye level, which was squinted to examine it, "It's-It's a pocket watch".

"With...no hands" I added, looking at it equally confused and curious.

"Hang on!" Galena rushed towards us and took the watch in her hands, examining it eagerly before taking out the brown backpack she used to gather things back at the tree house. She took out a long moss-green wooden box, about 6 inches in length, with a curved lid (like a treasure chest), she opened it and thick green dust came out of it, we coughed, fanning our hands near our mouth, to get the gas away, "Ah-I always wanted to see what's inside of this!" she gushed, she turned to look at us and made a weird short high-pitched exclamation sound, "Sorry! It's the moss zinc gas it is used to prevent metals getting rusted up,"

"It's ok," I said impatiently, looking at the three thin pieces of silver arrows that lay on a green moss in the box as the green gas fainted away, one of them was the shortest and the thickest among the three, and one of the other two was long and the thinnest, they all were perfect to be fitted as the hour, minute and second hand in the pocket watch.

"Mother gave me these alongside the invisibility hood and other stuff and told me to only open it when the moon has come which must have meant, you, Nora" she explained.

"They can be used as the hands for the watch," said Toivo peaking in alongside Flubber. Galena took the silver pieces from the box and gently placed them onto the middle of the watch one by one and it didn't take much time to place the last hand on the clock that was attached to it with a clattering sound like a magnet. The hands automatically aligned towards ٦, which was number 6.

"What?" I faltered, looking at it in dazzlement, "Why did it-"

"It's pointing to something," Nora pondered, "It's acting like a compass!"

Galen turned following the moving hands of the watch which lay in her palm, which had now turned to ١٢, which was 12, She walked forward keeping her eyes on the turning silver hands as we took turns through the liminal hallways, passing by the red metal doors of janitor or storage now and then until it hastily turned towards a red door, unmistakable similar to every other door of the rooms.

"It's pointing at the door" Toivo muttered.

"Something must be in there," Deya voiced, turning the metal knobs of the red door and opening it.

It was a dusty old tiny storage room, with boring weird electronic devices, torn-up furniture, home of spiders and deadly roaches, Galena walked in and the hands started to turn like crazy with a buzzing sound. It stopped and pointed at ١١, 11, towards an old small mahogany table with drawers with brass handle, she walked towards it as we followed eagerly around and behind her, and right as she was a foot away from the drawer, the pocket watch burst in her hands with a loud bang sound. Galena gasped and quickly threw the watch out of her hands as it threw sparks and tiny metal springs out.

"What-did-you-do-?" Iris scowled.

Nora opened the drawers and found a strange parchment roll, wrapped in red lace ribbon.

"I don't know, I was just holding it and-" Galena began.

"Stop fighting like cat and dog you two and pay attention!" Nora hollered, as she unrolled the parchment roll.

We squinted our eyes examining, "It's in Arabic" I uttered.

"Well, you know Arabic, right? Read it, then" Toivo chimed.

"Aidhhab eindama yakun allawn 'ahmar watawaqaf eindama yakun allawn 'akhdaru" Nora read aloud.

"What does it mean?" I asked with reckless impatience.

"Go when it's red and stop when it's blue" she translated.

"What?"

SWOOSH!

"WHAT THE-" Iris gawked at her feet, the ground from beneath our feet had slid open, revealing nothing but a ceaseless pipe-like rabbit hole, and before we could comprehend anything that was happening, we were falling alongside the ancient stuff of the storage room to god knows where.

Suddenly our speed started to slow, hanging us in mid-air, For a mere moment I thought gravity had stopped supporting my soul, to let me enter the gates of heaven but no, I was wrong, the gravity had other plans in mind as it flipped from its usual position throwing us back into the five minutes of absolute terror of our life as we screeched and howled.

Thankfully, none of us were hurt or squashed by the falling coffee tables or crystal balls as we landed on the black mattress that lay perfectly right where we fell, though, Toivo once again got squished by the fluffy Dalgona dog Flubber.

"Woah!" muttered Nora, dreamily as she stood up.

I lifted my head from the back mattress, it felt as if my heart skipped a beat as I looked at the strange luminous jellyfish creatures that swam in the cuboid-shaped aquarium, all of different kinds but had the same arctic blue glow in them, the aquarium created a wall of maze around us, I looked up at dome-huge dome ceiling above us, resembling our mystical galaxy, a rare view which can only be seen in the uncharted seas of space as soft puffy cloud hovered by with strange firefly-like creature hovering around it, illuminating the huge hall alongside the jellyfishes.

Where in the heavens were we?