Chapter XLI | Calm Waves that held the message of Thunder

The man stepped into the dim light that the dancing flames of the candle emitted, revealing his bitter-pale face, "Undoubtedly, I did" he spoke in his cold voice.

Is that-?

His green-emotionless eyes gazed at Ms. Crimsond, his black hair with few lines of grey ones was covered with his black hat, his nose was slightly crooked with a small scar on his forehead. He was wearing a long brown coat with his collar up that covered half his face and his hands were tucked inside his pockets, he sighed "And this might be the end to this ridiculous chase, I suppose?".

"Fortunately, not" Ms. Autumna spoked.

"Well, if you want me to do this the hard way which would not only affect me but you certainly, thousand times more so, are you truly sure about it?" he coldly spoked.

"You can take my life in the most brutal way possible," Ms. Autumna spoked, "but I won't be like you, a traitor who-"

But before she can speak one more word against him, Greg took out a silver locket studded with a huge blue stone which was darker than sapphire and shone it towards her and it hitted her like a ball of fire.

She wailed, holding her arm, her eyes were blood-shot red, "You think if you give me a taste of death or death itself, I will be foolish enough to be a monster like you!" her voice turned into one a beast would have.

"Technically, the monster here is genuinely you, aren't you 'An Erestia, an extremely dangerous half-Aredes creature'?" He bitterly spoked.

Her pink-purple mushroom sleeves melted like porcelain into a long shadow-like black sleeves, her charming dress turned into terrifying blood-red dress, her scarlet hat teared up as tree branches like pair of horns emerged out of her head, her platinum blonde hair slowly turned coal black as it loosened from its perfect bun, her lovely cherry-maroon hue glass slippers shattered into pieces as her feet turned into the hooves of horse, her pale skin was covered in cracks. She groaned like an animal as she looked into the eyes of Greg's.

Meanwhile, he stood, not a single drop of fear on his face with the locket firmly grasped in his pale hands, he gave a last warning "Give me the heirloom and I shall let you live".

She growled like a wolf and charged towards him but before she could even put a scratch on his cold face, he shunned the blue gem once again towards her as she screamed out of agony.

"You still have time, give me the heirloom and I will do you no harm!" He once again warned her as her skins slowly cracked into ashes and she screamed in pain.

And after one last scream, one last cell of her skin cracked into ashes, joining the pile of ashes that lay below.

There were no more signs of her scream or her calm voice, nothing, just silence.

"Alas! One must take the hard path when dealing with such strong believers", he stepped towards the dark ashes, "Believers of Light-Believers of Truth-Believers of Good" he spoke as he stroked his fingers through the brittle ashes, "When no such good exists in a cruel world ruled by man", he stood up and stepped onto the pile of ash as he turned back.

Suddenly, Many huge robot-like soldiers appeared from darkness, they all were huge-probably eleven feets or so, and robotic-mechanical like one you would see in futuristic movies. In which people will sit inside and control the robotic suit, they were looking at Greg as if waiting for instructions.

"Search the mansion and the gardens, don't miss a single spot and get me the heirloom!" he sternly instructed them.

They nodded and sprinted out the tunnel meanwhile, Greg casually walked out as if nothing happened, leaving the pile of ashes behind.

We looked at everything happening in shock and terror.

"Quick! We need to go!" Toivo reminded us.

We nodded and walked away following Iris as he led us towards the exit.

He is indeed, truly a cruel inhuman creature.

We stopped in front of a bronze door, similar to the one we saw when we were entering.

"Where do you think this is going to lead us to?" Toivo asked.

"The exit, of course" I replied.

"No I meant 'Exit to where'?" he questioned once again.

"Then, to know the answer to that we must open the door and find out ourselves", Iris cautiously knocked on the door.

The bronze door flung open, we quickly covered our noses.

"Ugh! What is this place?" I murmured.

Gross smell of rotten fish and decaying fruit peels filled the unbreathable air. From broken machine parts to apple peels, the ground was covered with all sorts of imaginable trash. Smokes from the fire that was lit up on one f the area covered the grey night sky.

We walked out, carefully watching ourselves to not step on any broken glass bottles or go too near any slimy spiders or roaches' tavern.

"I guess it's some sort of trash pit or something" Galena guessed as she looked around in disgust.

Toivo rushed down the huge garbage mountain we stood on, towards a grey swamp, filled with floating trash island, near which was a huge dried-rotting tree.

"This was the Olde Floral Valley!" Toivo exclaimed as he examined the old tree. We followed him down.

"The Mutantur Flowers, they were real?" Iris questioned.

"Most certainly, they were! Father used to bring us here when we were four, we used to play for hours among the colorful flowers, but in just seven years, they snap changed it into this 'dirty smelly trash land'" Toivo complained "What do they even want?!".

"They want power-complete power, more high status they have, more strong control over lands and peoples they want. They won't stop until there is no single oxygen left to breath" Galena spoked.

"And hence, we must stop them before they do more damage" I added.

"But how are we supposed to do that when trouble is not even leaving us for a mili-second and we are not even able to find our elder sister without almost dying?" said Toivo.

Iris sighed, "There seems no way to complete this quest, doesn't it?"

Suddenly, the sound of chirping ringed over on top of the trash mountain we were on a few moments ago.

I looked over at Galena and Toivo, "You know what that means".

We rushed on top of the smelly mountain as strands of sunlight escaping from the corner of the giant trash wall.

We reached on the trash-peak, looking towards the rising sun.

The red-yellow bird flew around Iris and me before disappearing into the bright sunlight.

"The sunrise-the sunrise sisters!" Galena murmured.

"You are the Elder Sunrise Sister!" Toivo exclaimed.

"What? I mean- are you all- how can that be true?- How can I be the Elder Sunrise Sister?" Iris stuttered.

"It's true! Didn't you say you didn't remember your past? And that you sort of feel like I reminded you of someone that you don't even know? Or how you even got into the Crimsond mansion?" I reminded her, "You are-You are the Elder Sunrise Sister!"

Suddenly, my eyes got hitted by something that hung around Iris's hand.

It was a bracelet made from green tree viens, a few pink and pearl-white dried bulbs of flowers hanging from it.

I grabbed her arm, "That's the bracelet I made when you saved me from the wild coyote, I was saying that you were a superhero and that's a band reminding others about your great powers and that they shouldn't mess with you, remember?" .

"And then I got chased by bees because of how strong the odour of the flower was" Iris jokingly reminded as she remembered our golden past, "Yes, I do remember- I remember now!", her eyes were filled with brisk tears as she squeezed me in her arms, "I dearly missed you, mushroom!".

My eyes were glimmering with tears as the warm sunlight hitted our face, "Oh! Please don't call me that!" I complained about my old childish name.