Chapter XXXI | Through the Long Corridors

"Well.." Toivo spoke while holding up the egg and carefully putting it back in the tiny wooden box "...At Least the gate is open now"

"More like blown down," Galena said, holding up the door with one hand, which now seemed to now be lighter than a paper.

"We should-probably get out of here as fast as possible or else god-knows when Cepheus will find, catch and serve us as the dinner for Greg" I advised sarcastically.

"Could you please stop addressing Cepheus like that, I understand that he has been acting strange now and then and even Her Highness agreed on not trusting him but still we don't have any solid proof to not trust, we are just going with our instincts" Toivo blurted out in a rather emotional way.

"Haven't you noticed what happened now? He locked us in here, probably because he didn't wanted us to escape" Galena replied.

"Or probably for our better safety?" Toivo continued.

"I am sorry, we would try our best to not do that even though we have the obvious reason to NOT TRUST HIM" I said in a slight sarcastic way "And I would recommend you to learn to see things in more obvious rather than looking at it the way you think it must be like"

Toivo sighed out of annoyance and frustration.

I was about to open the door when Galena stopped me.

"Wait-" She mumbled.

She put her ears onto the door, carefully hearing for any signs of sounds "All clear" she spoked.

I sighed and carefully opened the door, trying my best not to make any creaking noise.

Thankfully, no-one was there but something unpleasant still made its way for us.

I looked forward and instead of the huge hall there was a long quiet corridor waiting for us.

"Holy Cow!" Galena muttered under her breath.

We were pacing around the looong corridor, following Toivo as he took turns entering a new corridor now and then. Several doors to random rooms passed beside us.

"Are you sure you are not going mad?" Galena asked out of annoyance.

"There is no possible way I am, just have some patience- the exit must be a few steps away only" Toivo reassured.

"We have patience but our leg muscles do not have the enough capacity to work mindlessly for this long" Galena once again replied back.

"And besides you have just come here once, are you sure that you are taking us the right way" I added.

"If you all asked another question, I-I am going to take the dragancula out of my pocket" Toivo stuttered.

There was no chance we could have been scared of those words but the fact that he had taken out so many strange creatures and stuff out of his pocket so many times made us believe that he was telling the truth and our mouths dropped shut.

We have been walking for so long that I might have not even walked this much when I am shopping in the mall with my mum. He says that he knows where the exit is, Cepheus had shown him the emergency exit but it seemed to be obvious that he was going mental.

We entered another corridor but this one holded something different than other corridors, terribly different.

Weak lights escaped out of the room with open doors in the corridor.

We quickly tip-toed to the side of the door. I stood nearest to the corner and beside me Galena whom after stood Toivo, all curious about what holds inside.

I slightly peaked my head out of the corner of the door and the others followed.

The room was dark, lighten up by few candles around there was a huge water basin at which Cepheus stared at attentively.

"But my lord, how are we supposed to find her among the thousand other slaves that Mikellarian nobles hold?" Cepheus spoked.

"Just follow the young girl" A dry and stern voice spoked that seemed to come from the water fountain, "She is destined for solving the clues thus, she must be the one to find her and when the time is right-"

"I know what I am supposed to do" Cepheus finished.

"Don't let your emotions for the witless people drag you down, I know you have been brainwashed that they saved your life but don't you want to know what is the actual truth behind your unusual scar?" The bitter voice spoked "Toivo, you are special. You don't belong to live among those nuisance creating peoples, you deserve to be around better, much higher people, so follow us, and thrive among us and do what is right, what is better for this world and especially for you"

"Yes, My Lord" Cepheus nodded, trying his best to stand tough and cold that he was but his head bended, the sorrows perfectly visible on his face.

"Now complete your task before it's too late or else you know the consequences" the stern and ice-cold voice ended.

Cepheus once again nodded and waved his hand in the water of the fountain.

Suddenly, Toivo shrieked in pain, Galena accidentally stepped on Toivo's feet. Cepheus turned his head and started to sprint toward us.

We started to run daring not to take a look behind. It felt worse than being chased by angry chickens or mum with slippers. Hair on the back of my neck stood straight up from fear, my heartbeat was increasing minute by minute.

Why in the world did I agree to be one of these Sunrise sisters?

"WHAT SHOULD WE DO?" Galena shrieked out of fear.

Suddenly, my right arm started to burn, I quickly lifted my arm to look at it. The same old red lightning sign was burning on my arm.

"Toivo, Galena grab my hand!" I shouted.

They mindlessly followed and grabbed by hand as if the only last choice to survive.

I closed my eyes, the world seemed to go silent as if in a vacuum for a second. I quickly landed my feet and we stopped.

"What on the Mikellarian land was that?" Galena shouted.

"I will explain later" I said trying my best to catch my breath "Toivo quick!, where is the exit?"

"Oh no," Galena said in the most unpleasant terrified voice.

I turned my back and the same old menacing creature was standing in front of us.

"You thought you all could escape me this easily?" Cepheus said in his familiar terrifying voice while climbing off the hoverboard he was standing on a few seconds ago.

Toivo stepped, his face full of anguish and disappointment "I thought you changed because of what this place has done to you and that you are the same old loyal bestest chap of mine from Mikellarian woods in heart" Toivo scoffed "I defended you whenever they said any wrong about you, I trusted you wholeheartedly but I was wrong wasn't I? And now you have given me no chance.."

Toivo took out his sword from his strange pockets "Let's finish this off like we did in the nice old days".

Cepheus took out his sword from his sheath "Like the nice old days".