Chapter XXXII | "Like the nice old days"

The thundering sword clashing sound filled the hallway.

Toivo's eyes were brooding from pain, his arms steady and his blows clearly showing his anguish and agony. Cepheus's face on the other hand was deadpan and grave as always and his attacks more rational rather than emotional as of Toivo.

"Clang"

The swords once again met furiously, Cepheus shoved his sword a few inches towards Toivo's neck and kicked him off his course.

Toivo fortunately gained his balance but the trouble didn't end there. Cepheus started to furiously and swiftly attack, his sword again and again clashing over Toivo's who was constantly stepping backward because of the lightning attacks, trying his best to defend himself from being stabbed in half. And before his back was a few inches away from hitting the wall, a terrifying loud yet fortunate call rang the hallways.

"WOOF-WOOF"

Cepheus stood wide-eyed and astonished, staring at the end of the hallway where the sound seemed to slowly come toward us.

Is that....?

Toivo swung his sword fiercely, hitting it onto Cepheus's whom being surprised by the attacks, has to switch roles with Toivo. Toivo's blows which seemed to become more hard and rapid with each attack made Cepheus briskly step backwards, trying his best to protect himself from the fearsome attacks.

Cepheus's sword plopped onto the ground, he stood escapeless and petrified. Toivo's sword end pointed to the neck of Cepheus "Why did you make me do this?" he muttered gravely.

The giant ball of brown fluff entered the hallway, shaking the ground as he excitedly galloped towards the ecstatic kid.

"Flubber!!" Toivo dropped his sword and ran towards the terrifyingly cute creature.

"WOOF-WOOF!!"

The loud barking sound rang the hallway as the creature hopped around the blithe kid.

Cepheus cunningly tried to sneak away, but...

"Don't-You-Even-Dare!" Galena pointed her swords towards Cepheus, caughting him red-handed which he already was.

"My sweetest mate, how are you?. Where were you all the time? Ok, Calm down, now-Calm down" The kid iterated in an effort to calm down the fluffy brown creature.

"So, what shall we do with him?" Galena stated gently pointing the sword at Cepheus, who stood with his head bowed, showing the signs of plead and agonize for the first time.

"Toivo?" I remarked "What do you say?"

He sighed "I have made enough menances and wrong choices. You are the Sunrise sister- thus, it is in the hands of your"

I knew how desperately he cared for his brother. Even after such a big betrayal he was still his brother and the pain was purely visible on his face.

"Tie him" I declared.

Toivo took out a long rope from his eerie pocket and started to tie Cepheus, not even glancing a look at his pleading eyes.

"I-I am sorry" Cepheus muttered to him.

He didn't said a thing but before leaving after tying him "There are always ways to find a way to change and prove that you are not the same" Toivo whispered back to him.

"Now, I guess we should leave fast before we encounter another trouble," Galena admitted.

We nodded in agreement and once again Toivo started to lead us.

"How far is it, now?" I questioned.

"Actually not too far now, just one or two corridors left now because of that- Wait, How did you do that strange thing?" he questioned out of bewilderment.

"Well.. I guess I got a super power or something" I announced.