(223): Change Your Mind (Part Two)

Still stressed & feeling under the weather, ugh. Here's part two. ^-^

(Unedited).

--Two months later--

"Hey, guys," Wasabi says as he enters Tadashi's lab.

Fred follows him in. "Hey. Any idea on what we're doing tonight?"

"No," Honey Lemon replies with a sigh. "Not yet. Tadashi? Have you decided?"

Tadashi's staring out the window, thinking about you again. You still haven't talked to him.

"Tadashi?" Honey Lemon asks.

"Huh?" Tadashi blinks and looks over at his friends. They're all staring at him. "What?"

"Have you decided on what we're going to do?"

"Oh. No." Tadashi looks out the window again.

"Oh, well. Maybe ___ will have an idea," Honey Lemon says.

"Huh-uh," Fred says. "___ will not be joining us tonight, either."

"Why not?" Wasabi asks.

"Is she going out with that guy again?" Go Go asks.

Fred nods.

Tadashi freezes, suddenly interested in the conversation.

"Have they made it official yet?" Honey Lemon asks.

"Guess so," Fred says. "I ran into ___ at a store yesterday. They were holding hands. She introduced me. He seems pretty nice. He kind of reminds me of-" Fred stops when Tadashi rushes out of the lab. "Tadashi," He finishes.

Go Go pops a bubble. "What's up with him?"

Everyone shrugs.

~

"I had a great time tonight," (Random_Guy_Name) says to you as he walks you up to your doorstep.

"Yeah," You say awkwardly. "Me too."

He squeezes your hand. You force a small smile. You like him okay, but something has been bothering you. Lately, you've been noticing every little thing he does reminds you of Tadashi. His sweet half-smile, the way he adjusts his cap, his kindness and compassion.

You reach your front door and take your keys out.

"I'll call you tomorrow," He says. "Then we can decide on how we're going to celebrate our three month anniversary."

"Okay," You say. "That sounds, uh, great."

"Good." He smiles. You smile back. He raises his hand and touches your cheek. You freeze. Slowly, he leans in. You turn your head back to the door. He presses his lips together in a thin line. "I'm sorry."

You sigh. "No, I'm sorry. I just-" You stop. "Never mind."

"You can tell me," He says softly. You blink. He reminds you so much of Tadashi. You look down. "Is it. . . another guy?"

You look up. "Kinda."

He nods. "I thought so."

"And-"

"You don't want to date me," He says. "I get it. No worries, ___."

"(Random_Guy_Name)," You say. "I don't-"

"Yeah, you do. It's okay. Don't feel bad."

You frown. "I'm an awful person."

"No. You're great. I hope that your relationship with that guy goes somewhere. Anyone would be lucky to have you." He leans down and kisses your cheek. "Goodnight, ___. And good luck." He smiles and walks back to his car. As he pulls away, you wave. Maybe you should feel sad or regret you decision.

You don't.

~

The next day, you're in Calculus class. You keep your eyes on you work the whole time. Tadashi keeps his eyes on you. He wants to talk to you about this guy.

When class is dismissed, Tadashi walks to your desk. "Hey, ___," He greets. You look up at him.

"T-Tadashi," You stutter. "Hey." You stand up and grab your books, clutching them against your chest.

"I, uh, wanted to talk to you," He says.

"Okay. Next period I'm in my lab."

"Same. I'll walk you there." He smiles.

On the way to the labs, Tadashi is silent. As soon as you step inside your lab, you close the door.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" You ask, setting your things down.

"I heard Fred say that you're dating somebody," He says.

"Oh. I was, actually."

"You were?"

"Yeah. I ended it yesterday. He was nice and all. . . but. . ." You shrug. "Why did you ask?"

"B-Because, I-" Tadashi's eyes widen as he realizes why he was so sad and scared when you weren't talking to him. How upset he was when he found out that you were dating someone else. "I love you."

You gasp. "Y- You what?"

"I love you, ___," He says, taking a step closer to you.

"B-But I thought-"

"Yeah," Tadashi breathes. "I did, too. But I love you, ___." He grins.

You smile back. "That's. . ." You shake your head. "Unbelievable."

Tadashi laughs. "So, um,  I guess. . .  do you want to. . . go out to dinner sometime?"

"I'm free this Friday," You say.

"Great. That's perfect." He states at you. You stare at him. Hesitantly, he reaches for your hand. You take his and step closer to him. He slowly leans down and presses his lips softly to yours.

When he pulls away, you laugh. "What?" He asks, smiling again.

"I-I just. . . when I think about it. . . I just. . . I realize that the only reason I dated that guy was because he reminded me of you." You laugh again. "That's so crazy."

"Kinda," He says with a grin. "I was angry at myself."

"You? Angry? Why?"

"Because I let you go. I hurt you. I hated myself for that. I guess that should've made me realize that I was in love with you, huh?"

"I guess," You say. "But it doesn't matter now."

Tadashi strokes your cheek. "I love you."

"I love you, too," You reply. Tadashi squeezes your hand. "Wanna go tell the others that we're together?"

Tadashi smiles. "Sure." He kisses your cheek before walking out with you.