(337): Coffee Date (Fred)

Sorry that I didn't update yesterday, I was v angry after Wattpad deleted about 5000 words in my Tadashi x Reader book and I just didn't feel like writing.

I'll get back on requests this week. Thank you for being so patient!

(Unedited).

Fred nervously fidgets around as he waits outside of your lab door. You had a lab much like Tadashi's, you being a robotics student, and you preferred to work in complete isolation. He doesn't want to disturb you, so he is waiting outside.

"You can do it, Fred," he assures himself, "you're Fredzilla. Nothing can stop you- if a villain can't defeat you, a girl can't either." He groans and leans back against the wall. "Yeah, but a villain doesn't make you feel like this." He drops his face in his hands and sighs. "Oh, man."

"You okay, Fred?" Hiro asks. Fred peeks out in between his fingers.

"Um, yeah, I'm fine."

"And you're awkwardly standing outside of ___'s lab," Hiro notes.

"Yeah, well, she doesn't like anyone in there while she works, so I'm waiting."

"Ah. Why, did you need something? My lab is right down the hall."

Fred laughs nervously. "Yeah, well, I actually. . . I was going to ask her out on a date."

Hiro's eyes widen in shock. "Well, I can't help you with that." He laughs and shakes his head. "I'm sure you'll be okay. She seems to like you. Good luck, dude." Hiro gives Fred a half wave and goes into his lab.

Just two minutes later, your lab door slides open and you step out. He turns to meet you. You jump back in surprise, one hand falling over your heart. "Fred, you scared me half to death!"

"I'm sorry," he says, mentally hitting himself for messing up so quickly. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, my heart is just leaping out of my chest," you say with a laugh. "Did you need something?"

"I was going to ask you something," he says slowly, his hand reaching behind his neck and rubbing it slowly.

"Ask me," you reply, leaning against the wall beside him.

He smiles at you and looks down. "Okay. Well, I-uh- lately I've-"

You raise your eyebrows, "Freddie?"

"I really like you," he finishes quickly, ignoring the shock on your face. "You're just so funny and beautiful and I just - do you want to go on a date with me?" He lets out a deep breath.

Your face melts into a kind smile. "Of course."

"Really?"

"Well, yeah. I like you, too, Fred." You nudge your elbow into his side gently. "I'm glad you asked. When's the date?"

"Um, well-"

"Do you have a game this Friday?"

"No, I don't think so-"

"Then let's do it in Friday. We can get coffee," you suggest lightly.

Fred smiles at your enthusiasm. "That sounds great."

"Awesome," you say. You tuck a strand of hair behind your ear and smile. "I have to go get lunch with Honey Lemon right now. I'll text you tonight, okay?"

"Okay," he says, still a little dazed at how you reacted.

You touch his shoulder and reach up to leave a kiss on his cheek. Fred's eyes widen in surprise as you pull away with a grin. "Thank you for asking me, Fred. I'm really excited for our date. Bye," you give him a small wave before walking down the hall.