(332): Worried (Fred)

Fred x Reader that I thought of. I'll start posting requests soon.

(Unedited).

You take a spoon out of the silverware drawer and the bottle of the children's cough syrup out of the medicine cabinet. You pour the correct amount on the spoon and go back to your three year old daughter. "Mommy, my throat hurts," she says in a small voice.

Your heart breaks at the sound of her strained voice. "I know, baby," you reply. "That's why I have medicine." She opens her mouth and you spill the medicine on her tongue. She winces at the flavor and even gags a bit. You smile sympathetically and touch her forehead. She's slightly warm with a fever. "Does your belly hurt?" She nods.

You hear the front door open. "I'm home!" Fred calls out happily. You walk to the doorway of the kitchen and meet him halfway across the living room. "Hey, beautiful," he says, tossing his jacket on the sofa and taking you in his arms. He kisses you and pulls away. "Where's (Name), in bed already?"

"She came down with a fever around lunch time," you say with a frown.

"Aw, really?" He takes your hands. "Where is she?"

"She's in the kitchen," you say, leading him there. "She won't move much." You're right. When you get back into the room, your usually hyper daughter is still in her seat, her head laying miserably on the table.

"Hey, sweetie," Fred says quietly, kneeling in front of the chair. "How are you feeling?" He runs a hand through her (curly/straight) hair.

"Not good, Daddy," she answers with a shake of her head.

He shakes his head and pouts at the sight of her. "What else is wrong?" he asks with a sideways glance towards you.

You nervously bite your lip and cross your arms. "Her throat hurts, her head hurts, her stomach hurts . . . She won't drink anything and I'm getting worried."

Fred reaches up and places a hand on your hip. "Look at me," he says seriously, "Don't worry. She'll be fine; this will pass."

"I don't want her to get dehydrated-"

"___," he says patiently, "listen to Freddie. She'll be okay." You nod and look down at her as she lets out a cough. Fred takes her gently in his arms and pats her back. She lays her head against his shoulder and whimpers. Fred grabs her small cup with (favorite super hero) on it and fills it with ice water. He sits her on the counter and hands it to her. "Take a few drinks."

She groans and pushes the cup away. "No, Daddy-"

"You have to drink something, (Name). It will help you feel better."

"But it hurts," she replies, placing a hand against her throat.

"If you drink this, I'll read you a (favorite super hero) comic before bed. Deal?" (Name) hesitantly takes the cup. Fred smiles at her. "You can do it." She slowly lifts it to her lips and drinks it. You can tell that she's thirsty, but it still hurts her. She finishes over half of it, and then waits a couple of seconds before taking another small drink. "Good job, (Name)!" He takes her into his arms again and kisses her forehead.

You reach up and kiss your daughter's cheek. "Daddy's going to read you a comic. I'll be in there to kiss you goodnight after I finish dishes, okay?" Your daughter nods and rubs her eyes.

"Night, Mama," she squeaks.

You rub her back lovingly. "Night, baby." Fred smiles and gives you a quick peck on the lips before heading towards her bedroom. You start on the dishes, using extra soap and water on (Name)'s cup and silverware. You finish in less than ten minutes and walk down the hallway. By the time you get into her room, she's already under the covers. The comic is in Fred's hand. "Is she asleep?"

He nods and rubs her back. "She was out not even halfway through it," he informs you, a smile growing on his face.

You walk over to his side and wrap your arms around him from behind. You gaze at your daughter. "Poor thing. I hate to see her like this. She's usually so active and happy." Fred nods and places one hand over yours. He slips his fingers in between yours and sighs. "She's so much like you," you whisper.

"She's like you, too," he says.

"Really? I've never seen. . ."

"Look at her," he says, "She's gorgeous. Only you could've brought such a perfect baby into this world. And her eyes are yours. Her smile. . . she amazes me every day." He turns his head. "You do, too."

"I love you so much," you tell him, reaching up to plant a kiss on his cheek. You turn him around and take both of his hands. "Come to bed. We might as well sleep while she's resting."

"I'd rather stay with her," he says. "I'm a little worried."

You pretend to gasp. "Freddie? Nervous? Worried?"

Fred rolls his eyes. "Don't underestimate Freddie, ___. He may be cool under pressure, but sick family is his weakness."

You raise your eyebrows. "You didn't seem to worry too much when I had the stomach flu two years ago," you say.

"That's because you were resting when I was up all night making sure you were okay," he tells you, raising your hand to his lips. He kisses the top of your hand.

"You just keep getting cuter, don't you?" you mutter. Fred grins. "(Name)'s fine. She took medicine and had a cup of water. She just needs rest right now. And so do you." You poke his chest. He sighs and nods. "Speaking of," you say, leaning down and kissing your daughter's head, "How was work?"

"Pretty good," he says. "The team and I-"

"Big Hero 6 team or comic book team?"

"Comic book team," he clarifies, pulling you out of (Name)'s room. He shuts the door quietly and turns the hall light off. Once in your room, he changes his t shirt into the one he usually sleeps in. "We're working on another female character, since female super heroes seem to be the popular thing nowadays. I don't mind any super hero, of course, but what's wrong with a good old fashioned guy hero? Like Thor or Spider-Man or something?" He slides under the cover beside you.

You laugh and roll your eyes. "I love you so much, you big nerd." You wrap your arms around him. He pulls you tight against him and kisses your head.

"I love you, too," he replies. You nuzzle your face in his t shirt and slowly drift off, comforted by your husband's cuddles. "___?"

"Hm?"

"Do you really think she's okay?

You sigh. "She's fine, Freddie. She's a super hero just like you. She'll fight right through this."

He hugs you. "You're right. I love you," he reminds you, but you only let out a soft snore in response. He chuckles and kisses your head once more.