(353): Who We Are (Hiro x Reader Zombie Apocalypse AU) SNEAK PEEK!

I've decided to just go ahead and come back. I've received so much support and love from you all that it's been unreal. You've really helped me out! As a thank you, I'm posting a quick sneak peek of my newest Hiro x Reader book: Who We Are (Hiro x Reader). This book will be posted towards the end of January, once I finish writing Cross Your Heart (Tadashi x Reader). Also: after the one shot, check out my author's note at the end.

tbh I'm only posting this because I don't have time to write anything right now. ♡

WARNING: Light Gore (honestly idk how sensitive some of you are to this so I decided to put in a quick warning. This is a Zombie Apocalypse AU, after all, so you should have a faint idea of what to find)

-

• chapter one •

You pull the crowbar out of your backpack and pry the sliding doors of a local grocery store open as quietly as possible. Back in the day, you thought to yourself, these things would open for me. Once inside, you tap the crowbar against the floor and stand silently. If there are any of those monsters, they'd be moaning and groaning by now.

The monsters took over about a half a year ago. It happened pretty quickly here in San Fransokyo. One minute it was a bright and sunny summer's day, the next there were riots in the streets and the undead were eating people alive. You didn't know where your family was; the news said that LA was safe. Your mom, dad, and your baby sister went to get your grandmother. You were supposed to meet them there, but how? You were sick with the flu the day it happened. You hid yourself in the attic until the streets were quiet.

Occasionally, well, more than just occasionally, a dead corpse will stagger its way towards you, its jaw hanging loose and its hands gnarled and grotesque. You've discovered that planting a crowbar directly into their head seems to be the only way to kill them. Sometimes its difficult to do; seeing a close neighbor with empty eyes and a chunk taken out of their throat isn't a pretty thing to look at, especially when they're trying to eat you as well.

"Alright," you mutter. "What do we have here?" The shelves have been picked clean of most food items, but you're running off of one meal worth of sunflower seeds and you're starving. You manage to find a can of tuna and a dented can of fried apples. Better than nothing. No water bottles, but you still have a couple left from your own kitchen in your bag. Desperate for a taste of dessert, you rummage through the mess that used to be the candy aisle. "Nothing. Of course."

You exit the store, keeping your crowbar tight in your fist. That and the knife were about all you had as weapons. You were itching to get your hands on a gun - despite never shooting one before - because they seemed like the best way to get rid of the creepers from afar. Creepers were what you called them. Zombies sounded to Hollywood in your opinion, and these were different. They didn't eat your brains, they ate every part of you and left the rest of you to turn. You didn't want to die at all, but you'd gladly welcome a bullet in the head instead of one of those nasty bites.