(283): First Semester (Older Hiro)

An Older Hiro x Reader~

(Unedited).

It's early into fall and your first semester of your first year at SFIT has just began. It's your third week in and you're already starting to feel overwhelmed. Your boyfriend, Hiro, takes time out of his own busy schedule to help you in any way.

Right now, you're sitting on his bed, a textbook in your lap. A notebook sits in front of you. You're working on your assignment for Advanced Robotics, a class that Hiro took when he was fourteen. Now he's eighteen and already on his fourth year. You read the question again and again, until it feels like it's been burned into your brain. You groan, completely furious with yourself that you can't figure it out. "Come on, ___," you mumble to yourself.

Hiro walks back into his bedroom, two steaming cups in hand. "I brought you some green tea. Aunt Cass says it'll help you." He shrugs and sets the cups down on his nightstand. He takes note of your stiff body and your strained face. "What are you stuck on, ___?" He asks. He takes at the foot of the bed, right across from you.

"This one," you mutter angrily. "Actually, the whole stinking paper! No, the whole class!" You groan and bury your face in your hands.

"O-Okay," Hiro says. He reaches out for you. His bony fingers wrap around your wrists and he lightly tugs. "Come on out, ___. Let me see your beautiful face. I miss it already."

You obey, dropping your hands into your lap. You don't bother hiding your tears that slide down your cheeks.

"Hey," he says softly, genuine concern clear in his voice, "don't cry."

"I-I can't help but just-" you bite your lip and shake your head. "I'm not cut out for college, Hiro. I'm not smart enough."

"Don't say that, ___. You're the smartest person I know."

"Then you don't know yourself that well," you say angrily.

Hiro shakes his head. "What do you mean?"

"We're both eighteen, and here I am, first year at SFIT. You're in your fourth year. You're so smart, Hiro. I can't help but feel a little stupid when I'm around you."

"___, what I said before is still true. You are the smartest person I know. Do you know how?" He asks. You shake your head. "You're the one who reminds me to eat and take breaks when I get a little to caught up in my work. You're the one who helps me fix Baymax when he has programming errors. You're the one that reminds me to show up to things. ___, you're always reminding me to do things and helping me out even when you have a million things that you have to do." He takes your hands. "You are so smart."

"I just feel like. . ." you pause to take a deep breath, "I don't know why you stay with me. I look at you and you're a prodigy. Everyone at the university loves you. Everyone in San Fransokyo loves you. And I'm just. . . kind of here."

Hiro's silent for a moment. He stands up and moves to sit next to you. He pulls you against him and leans back against his headboard. "Please, don't ever think that. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. I don't know what I would do without you. Everyone might love me, but the only person I care about actually loving me is you."

You wrap your arms around him and lay your head on his chest. "I do love you, Hiro." He lets out a sigh of relief before you continue. "I just. . . I see all of the smartest and prettiest girls at the school and they are always following you and. . ." You shrug.

"___," he says softly, placing his finger under your chin and lifting your head. His chocolate brown eyes stare into yours, "you are the only girl I see." He leans down and presses his lips against yours. His fingers twist through the back of your hair, holding you against him. You press your hands against the small of his back. He pulls away and smiles. "Am I really that popular with the ladies?"

You roll your eyes. "Don't be full of yourself." You smile up at your boyfriend, your eyes skimming his face. He looks a lot like his older brother when he was his age, except his ebony hair is still messy. You shake your head, ashamed of everything you've said. "Man, I'm so annoying."

You feel his lips against the top of your head. "No, you're not. I love you. If you ever feel like this, please tell me right away. I can't stand to see you hurt."

You nod. "I'm just so stressed," you explain, moving out of Hiro's arms.

"Everyone gets that way, especially when you first start out. You'll be okay." He leans in and presses his lips to yours. "And I guarantee that you'll be the smartest one in the university by your last year."

You roll your eyes. "Don't get too ahead of yourself."

"Hey, I have faith. You're awesome. You can do anything."

You shake your head. "How did I get so lucky to have you?"

"Pretty sure I should be asking myself how I got so lucky," he says, wrapping his arms around you and kissing your forehead.