(309): Daisies (Tadashi)

Just a little Tadashi x Reader that I put together~

(Unedited).

Tadashi takes in a deep breath. How is he supposed to do this? He glances at the small bouquet of white daisies in his hand. No matter what happens, he'll be okay. Nothing bad will happen. But what if you reject him? He had a higher chance of getting with you back before the fire. Now that he is different, will you still like him? There's only one way to find out. With a large step, he enters your lab. You're sitting at your desk, twirling a pencil between your fingers. You glance up.

"Hi, 'Dashi," you say. Tadashi's heartbeat quickens at your cheery voice. "How have you been?"

"I've been good," he replies, flashing a charming smile. "You?"

"I've had better days," you say, letting out a light sigh. "But it's great to see you. I'm sorry that I had to cancel our study session at the food court. Honey Lemon completely trashed the apartment with her experiments." You roll your eyes.

Tadashi chuckles. "I heard."

"I told her that conducting an experiment like that in the living room wasn't smart, but she didn't listen. Maybe she'll listen from now on since we did spend six hours scrubbing purple goo off the walks and tables." You sigh. "So. Can we reschedule?"

"Sure," Tadashi says. "But it didn't come to see you about that."

"Oh, really?" you reply, "Did you need something?"

Tadashi closes his eyes for half a second. When he opens them, he says, "I wanted to ask you something," quickly before he can force the words back down his throat and walk away.

"Which is?"

"I really like you, ___," he says. "I really, really do. I understand if you don't feel the same. But I like you so much that it physically hurts." He looks down at the bouquet. "I wanted to know if you would like to go out with me?"

Much to his surprise, you laugh. Not a mean laugh. A light, airy, carefree laugh that melts his stress away. You stand up, shove the pencil into your messy bun, and say, "You sound pained. Do you like me so much that it hurts to speak?"

Tadashi lets out a laugh that sounds more like a sigh of complete nervousness. "Yeah, I guess so."

You walk over to him. You look so incredibly calm. Your (e/c) eyes look up at him as you casually rest against the side of your desk. Your hands go around the flowers' stems. "Are these for me?"

"Yeah," he says. "I hope that you like them because I wasn't sure if you even liked flowers."

"They're perfect," you say, taking them into your hands. "And I would love to go out with you." Tadashi grins. With a smirk, you grab a fistful of his cardigan and reach up to kiss his cheek.

-

"This was the perfect date, 'Dashi," you say. Tadashi looks down at you. The two of you were at the local ice rink. It's your first date. One of your hands were locked around his, the other holding a styrofoam cup of hot cocoa. Smiling, Tadashi looks out the glass windows. The sun is beginning to set.

"Hey," he says softly, "do you want to go watch the sun set?"

"Sure," you say. You and Tadashi slip into your regular shoes and turn in your ice skates. When you walk outside, the sky has just began to turn a bright orange. "It's gorgeous. Thank you for taking me here, 'Dashi."

Tadashi jerks his head towards a bench across the road. He pulls you over there and takes a seat. The view of the cherry blossom trees against the orange sky was even more beautiful.

"Wow," you breathe. You smile and squeeze Tadashi's hand. Tadashi looks down at you again. Your hair falls down against your shoulders and is highlighted by the sun. You have a light blush on your cheeks. Tadashi swallows. He wants to say it, but what if it's too soon? You've only been with him for three months. He looks away. His eyes catch on something growing between two sidewalk squares. A small white daisy. He leans down and picks it.

He holds it out to you. "___," he says gently, "I love you."

Your lips pull up into an automatic smile. You take the flower. "Well, that's a relief," you say, "because I was about to tell you that I was in love with you." You gently place the daisy behind your ear. Tadashi strokes your cheek, leaving a trail of blush against your skin. He leans in slowly, giving you a chance to break away if you want to.

"I love you," he whispers, and then his lips touch yours.

-

"Congratulations, big bro," Hiro says with a grin. Tadashi smiles as he adjusts the white bow tie around his brother's neck. "I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't sad about you leaving. It'll be a lot harder to annoy ___ when she's not visiting every day."

"Sorry, knucklehead," Tadashi apologizes. "You can visit whenever you want. We'll still be in the city."

Hiro nods. Aunt Cass opens the door a little. "I hope everyone is dressed and ready, because it's show time!"

"Are you ready?" Hiro asks.

Tadashi takes a deep breath. "Yeah."

Hiro and Tadashi step out of the room and face their Aunt Cass. Her eyes fill with tears. "Oh, look at you."

"Aunt Cass," Tadashi says. He pulls her into a hug.

She pulls away and dabs at the corners of her eyes. "Okay. You need to get down there. Your fiancee is waiting to head down that aisle."

When Tadashi is finally in his place, and the bridesmaids and groomsmen surround him, Hiro and Honey make their way down the white carpet. The flower girls litter the floor with white daisies. The music finally begins and everyone stands.

The wooden doors open and you're there. Your dress is long and a bright white. Your hair is pulled elegantly up into a bun. Your veil is as long as the skirt of your dress. Tadashi's eyes drop to your hands. Your ring is glittering in the light as your fingers tighten around the stems of the daisies in your hand.

"Wow," Tadashi whispers. Hiro rolls his eyes. By the time you reach Tadashi, your face is blushing and so is his. His eyes scan your face, taking in how perfect you look and locking it into his memory forever.

"I hope I look okay," you whisper, taking his hand in yours.

"Are you kidding?" he asks, shaking his head. "You're beautiful."

"You sound pained again," you comment with a wink. "Do you like me so much that it hurts you to speak?"

"You have no idea," Tadashi whispers. He smiles at you. Suddenly, anxious, Tadashi looks for some comfort. His eyes fall on the daisies that are artfully braided around the crown of the veil. He think of the first bouquet he gifted you. The preacher begins to read, and Tadashi's nerves leave him. He repeats what he is told to until he can finally announce, "I do."

"I do."

He thinks back to the first kiss he shared with you as his lips meet yours. He pulls you as close as your dress will allow and kisses you, unable to fathom how you're now his wife.