(303): Cinderella (Part Two)

Part two~

(Unedited).

It's the night of the dance. You're standing in front of your mirror, twisting some of your hair back until it falls elegantly against your back. When you apply the little bit of makeup to your face, you turn to your gown. You bite your lip and lift it out of the closet, admiring the way it shimmers in the light. You undress and then slip it on. You finish your look off with a light blue clip in your hair and white flats. You were far too afraid of wearing heels where so many people would be dancing and walking around.

Your phone buzzes. You turn it on and look at the text.

Lots of traffic. I'm going to be a couple of minutes late.

You sigh. (F/n) was your ride to the dance because not everyone could fit in Honey's friend, Wasabi's car. You patiently wait to hear the honking of the car horn. When you do, you lift up your skirt and slowly make your way down the stairs and sidewalk.

-

"Where is she at?" Fred asks Honey Lemon. He sips the red punch from the plastic cup. "I thought you said that she was coming."

"She is," Honey Lemon assures him and nervously glances around the gym. You couldn't even tell that it was a gym. It was totally transformed into a ballroom. Slick red curtains block the posters on the wall, soft yellow lighting illuminates the room, huge vases of roses and daisies surround the floor. "She's just late." She smiles.

Tadashi walks up to his group of friends. "Who's late?"

"___," she replies, "but I'm sure she'll be here soon."

They turn around when they hear, "Good evening, students!" from the microphone on stage. "Welcome to San Fransokyo Institute of Technology's first annual dance! We're excited to be hosting this! Everyone-"

Suddenly, the doors of the ballroom open. You step inside, blushing when everyone turns to stare at you. Honey Lemon gasps and grins, tapping Tadashi's shoulder. He turns around and his eyes fall on you. His eyes widen.

"Everyone, enjoy yourselves," the announcer finishes. A band in the back begins to play soft, slow music. You stand in your place, feeling more than a little awkward as everyone stares. Then, you feel a tap on your arm. You turn and see Tadashi.

"May I have this dance?" he asks, holding out a white gloved hand. You smile and gently take it.

"Sure," you say. Honey Lemon squeals on delight. You look over and smile at her. Everyone makes room in the center of the dance floor, slowly grabbing their dates. The girls grumble in complaint.

"How did she get Tadashi Hamada to dance with her?" one of them says harshly.

And for once, their words don't even bother you. Tadashi Hamada turns, places one hand on your waist, and slowly begins to sway back and forth. Your eyes can't seem to leave his warm brown ones as you both twirl away on the dance floor. From the corner of your eyes, you can see the stares. People are dancing, but they're mostly focusing on the two of you.

Your voice drops to a nervous whisper, "I think everyone is staring at you."

Tadashi laughs softly. "They're looking at you. Believe me."

You gasp as he pulls you into his arms and spins you around quickly. He pulls back, taking only your hand, and spins you out of his hold, only to spin you right back in. The two of you glide gracefully across the dance floor until the song comes to an end. Everyone claps. The music begins again, and Tadashi doesn't even have to ask for another dance. You don't feel like moving out of his arms anytime soon.