(346): Feel Better Hugs (Older Hiro)

I'm just posting this because I'm very sad today. I don't know what to do.

But thank you all so very much for your kind words yesterday. They really helped me out. I love you guys. ❤

Enjoy this Hiro x Reader. Sorry that it's short~

You pull your legs up to your chest and prop your chin up on your knees. Your day hasn't been the best today. It's really been one of the worst. You sigh and bury your face between the space between your chest and legs.

"Here, honey," that comforting voice says. You look up and take the mug from your fiance, Hiro. You called him as soon as you came home from work and he came over right away. You smile sadly at him.

"Thanks," you say, inhaling the sweet smell of homemade hot chocolate. "This smells amazing."

"It's Aunt Cass's recipe," he says proudly. "I used to make it with Tadashi all of the time." He takes a seat beside you and touches your back gently. "What's wrong?"

"I just had a bad day," you answer.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asks.

You shake your head and sigh. "No, not really."

"Okay," he says. "What can I do for you, sweetie? I'll do anything."

You frown. "I don't know if you can do anything to help me. . ."

"Of course I can," he assures you. He sits back and thinks for a moment. "Got it!" He grabs his shoes and pulls them on. You look over at him questionably.

"What are you doing?"

He looks over at you and smiles. "I love you," he reminds you.

"I love you, too," you reply. "But what-" He silences you with a quick kiss before he stands up. "Are you going home-"

"No, I'll be right back, ___," he says. He shuts the front door behind him and you're left again. You shake your head and sit back. You loved Hiro more than anything, but sometimes he drove you crazy.

"Okay then." You sigh and look around the room. Feeling incredibly lonely; the emptiness sitting on your shoulder like a heavy weight that is determined to push you until you sink into the ground. You lay back against the throw pillows and shut your eyes, desperate to free yourself from this feeling.

"___," a voice says. You feel someone shaking your shoulders. "___, wake up."

Your eyes flutter open. You see Hiro's big brown eyes beside you. You smile. "Hey."

"Hey," he says, brushing your cheek with his fingertips. "I brought you something."

"What?" you mumble.

"Sit up," he orders. You do, and he hands you a paper bag of fast food. "Cheeseburger, fries, and a large (drink). I also stopped by the drugstore on the way back and bought you a couple of bags of candy." He pauses for a moment. "Oh, and this-" He hands you a new throw blanket. You run your hands across the soft white material.

"Why?" you ask.

"Because I love you," he replies simply. "I want you to be happy."

You shake your head. "Hiro, I love you more than words can say." He smiles that familiar gap-toothed grin. You set up your food and eat on the floor next to him. He turns on your favorite Disney movie. After you're finished eating, he pulls you up next to him on the couch and throws the blanket over both of you. You snack on gummy bears and a chocolate bar as you snuggle up next to him. "You're amazing," you remind him.

"I know," he says with a chuckle. He kisses the top of your head.

"You know what will really make me feel better?" you ask.

"What?"

"Just hugs," you say, snuggling deeper into his hold. You inhale the scent of his t shirt; dryer sheets and pastries from the bakery.

"That's it?" he asks with a laugh.

"Well, all of this is nice, too," you say, "but I could spend eternity just in your arms."

"Good," he says softly, pressing his lips to the top of your hair again. "Because I am never letting you go."