(361): Comic Book Writing (Fred)

Fred Lee needs more love!!!

-

You step into the Lucky Cat Café and immediately spot him. He's sitting next to one of the windows, sipping strawberry lemonade and writing on the sketchbook that you bought him. You cross the café and stand behind him, looking down at what he's drawing.

Your boyfriend, Fred, has always been a comic book geek. That was one of the things you loved most about him. He was so in love with the idea of mutant people fighting obviously weaker villains, and he wasn't ashamed of it. After he graduated, he became a comic book writer for his dad. You are very proud of him and all he's done to secure a sucessful future with you. With a smile, you wrap your arms around his neck and lean in. His hand immediately finds yours.

"Hey," you greet, kissing his temple.

"I'm glad you're here!" he exclaims. He reaches over and pulls the chair next to him out. "Sit here. I ordered you a sweet tea."

"Thanks," you say, taking your seat. Once you scoot your chair in, Fred immediately takes your hand and holds it on the table. He smiles lovingly at you. "New comic?"

"I had this awesome idea," he explains.

"Does it involve Big Hero 6?" you question before sipping your tea.

"Of course! It involves you, too," he says.

"It does?" He nods. You're a little shocked. You're not on the team, nor would you like to be. Fred probably wants you to, but you're unsure of how well you'd do. There was also the safety part that concerned both you and him.

"This comic is more about you and me," he explains. "I figured that we could write it together and our kids can read it one day."

You laugh lightly. "That is an incredibly sweet and romantic idea," you note, "and I'm surprised."

Fred's thumb traces circles across the top of your hand. "Yeah, well, it'd be a nice anniversary gift, too." He smiles. "I could write a comic each year for the rest of our lives and have it just about you."

Your heart melts at his kind and loving words. You lean over and lay your head on his shoulder. He dips his head down and kisses your hair. "I love you so much, Freddie."

"I love you, too," he replies.

"Can I see the comic?" you ask.

"Not until I'm done," he says. "Then I'll give it to you."

"You're just trying to make yourself a comic book legend, huh?" You laugh.

"Us," he corrects. "I'm trying to make us a legend." He pulls away and grins at you. "Think about it! We already have the most legendary love story in the history of love stories! How it began-"

Four years ago, you were crossing the road when a car quickly turned and started to speed up. It was heading right for you, but you couldn't run. Even if you had sprinted, you would've been hit. You heard yelling from the top of a building, but you were sure that you were just going crazy with the panic you were feeling.

Instead of being hit, however, you were scooped off of the ground and thrown into the air. You weren't alone; you were being held by a giant blue monster. He landed roughly on the roof of an apartment complex with you underneath him. You immediately screamed and began to shove him off of you. That was when he removed the top eye of the kaiju suit and revealed that he was just a person.

The moment your eyes met his, something clicked. You introduced yourself and promised to keep his identity a secret as a thank you for saving your life. He smiled kindly and returned you home.

Weeks after, you ran into him in a comic book shop. Deciding it was fate, you gave him your number.

After weeks of dealing with his goofiness, you realized that you were starting to fall for him.

"You saved my life," you say. "A lot of heroes save damsels in distress."

"You were hardly a damsel in distress," he replies. "You nearly killed me when I saved you from that car!"

You laugh and playfully hit his shoulder. "Hey, any time a giant monster falls from the sky and tosses me on top of a building in the middle of the night is a scary time."

He laughs with you and touches your back. "I love you," he says.

"I love you, too," you reply, leaning in and kissing him gently. Fred's phone buzzes. He checks the screen and sighs. "What is it?"

"Robbery down the street," he says. He takes one last drink of his lemonade and stands. "Freddie'll be back soon. My house for dinner?"

"Sure," you reply.

He leans down and cups your cheek, offering you a smile before he kisses your lips. When he pulls away, he says, "Don't leave the café until after the guy is in custody."

"I won't. Be careful, okay? I love you."

"Freddie's always careful. I love you, too." He exits the café quickly, leaving you alone. Once he's out of sight, you begin to flip through the sketchbook. One page catches your eye, leaving you absolutely shocked.

On the page, you're sitting at Fred's kitchen table with him in front of you. He's on his knee, a black box in hand, with the words above his head:

Will you marry me?

-
// part 2 or???