(228): Understanding

Tadashi x Reader requested by demigodartgirl01. 

Lots of feels~

(Unedited).

"Tadashi is gone!" Hiro screams, slamming his fists down on Baymax's chest. He presses his forehead against the robot's stomach. He chokes on a sob as he falls apart completely. There isn't an end to this. He's lost everything. His brother, his future, his friends. What's left?  No one understands this pain. Not even he does. Does he need to kill Callaghan? Will that help this? End this pain? Yes. No. He doesn't know. "Tadashi's. . . gone," Hiro whispers, completely defeated.

"Tadashi is here," Baymax says.

Hiro squeezes his eyes shut tighter. "No. He's not here."

"Tadashi is here," He says again.

Hiro stays silent. Suddenly, the familiar, caring voice of his brother fills in the silence. "This is Tadashi Hamada," He says. Hiro looks up at Baymax's screen in shock. "And this is ___." Hiro sees an unfamiliar girl standing beside him. "This is the first test of my robotics project." He looks over at the girl and nods. She gives him a hopeful smile and he pushes Baymax's healthcare chip in.

"Hello. I am Baymax-" The video glitches and the audio squeals. Tadashi holds his ears. The girl is laughing, but she's holding her ears.

Tadashi reaches for Baymax. "Stop, stop, stop, stop, stop, stop!" The video freezes and moves on to another.

"Us, again," Tadashi says. Hiro sees the girl. Her appearence has changed a little. She's lost weight, and her skin is pale. Her hair is pulled up into a loose bun. "This is the seventh test of my robotics project." He pushes in Baymax's healthcare chip.

"Hello. I am Baymax-" Baymax stops again. His huge arms start hitting Tadashi. Tadashi ducks and struggles to get to Baymax. You duck, too, holding your head. "Wait, wait, wait- scan- stop, stop!" The video ends as Tadashi gets to Baymax.

The next video starts. "Tadashi Hamada and ___, again," Tadashi says tiredly. He looks desperate for this to work. The girl looks sicker. "And this is the thirty third test of my robotics project." He pushes in the healthcare chip. The lights go out immediately. Hiro stares at complete darkness until his brother clicks on a flashlight. The light shines on the girl. "You okay?" Tadashi asks.

"Yeah," The girl says softly.

Tadashi turns back to Baymax and sighs. "I'm not giving up on you. You don't understand this yet, but people need you." His voice drops to a whisper and his eyes are sad. "___ needs you. That means I need you." He smiles again. "So let's get back to work." The video ends.

Hiro looks down, missing his brother more than ever.

Another video comes on. Tadashi is rubbing his forehead. You're leaning against the wall, looking thinner and more pale. Hiro can't help but notice your thinning hair covered with Tadashi's hat, your shadowed eyes, your shaking hands. "Tadashi Hamada and ___ . . . here. . . again. . . and this is," he sighs, "this is the eighty fourth test. . . what do you say, big guy?" He pushes in the healthcare chip, again, and gives a hopeful smile.

"Hello," Baymax says. "I am Baymax. Your personal healthcare companion."

Tadashi is shocked. "It works," He whispers. "It works!" He grins and smiles. "Oh- this is amazing! You work!" He kisses Baymax. The girl smiles weakly. "I knew it! I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!" He punches the air excitedly. "I can't believe it- I can't believe it. . . Okay. Big moment here. Scan me."

Tadashi holds his arms out. Baymax scans him. "Your neurotransmitter levels are elevated. This indicates that you are happy."

Tadashi grins. "I am! I really am. You're going to help her, buddy. You're going to help her." He turns to the girl. "Ready?" She nods.