(257): Rollercoaster

Hiro x Reader requested by xXSpottieXx. Sorry these are a little out of order! ^-^

This was fun to write. I'm terrified of rollercoasters!

(Unedited).

"Come on, ___! It'll be great!" Hiro says for the millionth time. You lean your head back and gaze up at the massive rollercoaster that's in front of you. You and Hiro decided to have a date at the carnival that's in town today. You're already regretting the idea.

You swallow. "I don't know. . ." A knot twists in your stomach.

"It'll be fun," He says.

You shake your head.

"___, look at me." Hiro takes your hand and steps in front of you. "It's just a rollercoaster. It won't be scary. And I'll be right beside you."

"But. . ." You purse your lips together, then sigh. "Okay. Fine."

"Yes!" Hiro skips ahead of you. "Let's go before the line gets too long!"

Before you know it, you're next in line to get in the car. Hiro squeezes your hand. You're shaking. "It'll be okay," He whispers. You nod.

When you take your seat, you're not sure if you can hold your carnival food dinner down. Hiro wraps an arm around you and you lean into him. "Hiro, I can't believe you're making me do this."

"It'll be fun," He repeats. The cart starts moving. As you go up the huge hill, you see the track. Drops and loops and hills make you sink down in your seat and grasp the handlebar tightly. You panic. Carnival rides are never a good idea. Will the thin fabric of the seatbelt and the safety bar hold you to the seat?

"Hiro," You whisper, "this was a bad idea. This doesn't look safe."

You're at the top of the hill. "Well, there's no turning back now!" Hiro says. You close your eyes as the car slides down the hill. From there, it's crazy and fast. You scream the entire time, but you actually find yourself enjoying it. Halfway through the ride, you even open your eyes. You start laughing and raise your hands over your head.

Before you know it, the car slams to a stop and people are whisked off. You unbuckle the seatbelt and look over at Hiro. His eyes are wide and his breathing rapid. You giggle. "Are you okay?"

"You were right," He breathes. "That wasn't safe. That was terrifying."

You reach over and unbuckle his seatbelt. "It's alright. C'mon." You raise the safety bar and take his hand. You drag him off of the ride.

Outside of the ride and back in the hot sun, Hiro dives for a bench. He leans his head back. You take a seat beside him. "That was the worst ever."

You laugh again. "I liked it. Are you okay? Do you need ice water?"

"No," He says, wiping sweat off of his forehead.

"It wasn't that bad, Hiro." You brush his hair back.

"Yeah, it was!" He exclaims. "That was horrifying! I'll never get on it again!"

"Okay," You say. "You don't have to." You kiss his cheek. "Just calm down. I thought you were all brave and everything."

"Yeah, me too." He slowly stands up. "Guess I'm not. Let's just go find something else to do."

You stand up and hook your arm with his. "Alright," You say cheerfully. "Maybe there's another rollercoaster?"

"If there is, I'm not getting on it!"

"Okay, okay. I was kidding." You wrap your arms around him. "But it wouldn't be scary. And I'd be right beside you."

Hiro rolls his eyes. "Let's just go play some carnival games." He wraps an arm around you and the two of you walk away from the rollercoaster.

//If you happen to be a fan of the Maze Runner, & of Newt, check out jackfrost104's (my little sister's) Newt x Reader story, Newt X Reader!