(320): Mask (Hiro)

Hiro x Reader requested by kiarah_larter~

(Unedited).

As soon as you step out of your house, you jerk your hood up and put the mask on your face. You did this before every bot fight. If people saw you, they wouldn't take you seriously. If the knew that you were a young girl, you probably wouldn't get one fight. So with your heavy, black hoodie on and over your head, and your (f/c) kabuki mask hiding yourself, you set out to the bot fight across town.

Once at the bot fight, you know something is wrong. Everyone is silent. "How is did you do it?" The booming voice sounds incredibly familiar. You lean around the tall man in front of you and see one of Yama's goons standing close to a young kid. Yama is nowhere to be found. He's probably in jail. Again.

"I'm as surprised as you are," the kid says, reaching up to collect his winnings from the dish. Your eyes widen behind your mask. He beat Yama's main guy? Not even you had the guts to challenge him. Mostly because of his other goons, really. "Your bot just isn't that good, I guess."

You smirk and step forward. If he could take him, you could, too. You tap on his shoulder quickly. Yama's goon turns around and glares at you. You reach up and put a folded stack of bills on the tray. You don't wait for him to reply, you sit down and set your robot down.

The guy chuckles. He sets his bet down and sits across from you.

"Fighter's ready? Fight!"

You pull out your remote and quickly rush through your controls. You flip every switch and turn every knob. Your bot grows twice it's actual size and rams itself into the opponent. The bot falls into pieces. You reach over and grab your winnings.

"What-" the man turns red and stands up. "This isn't over," he growls. He snatches the pieces of his robot up and walks down the alley. You shove your money in the pocket of your hoodie.

"Wow. You're pretty good," a voice says. It's that kid. You ignore him. "But I bet you're not as good as you think you are." You pause. You pull your money out and place it back on the tray. The kid grins and takes his seat and places his bet. He sits back and cracks his knuckles.

"Fighters ready? Fight!"

You pull out your remote and do the same thing as before. The kid has a similar strategy, but it's not working as well. Your bot quickly destroys his. You look up at him. "Ha!" He opens his remote and flips a switch. The pieces of his bot begin to pull together, only to stop. "Wait, what?" You laugh lowly and collect your winnings. He smirks and nods in approval. "Not bad. I'm impressed."

You grab your money and shove it into your pocket. You step aside and start towards the alleyway. When you're a few steps in, you run into someone's chest. You stagger back and look up to see Yama's goons. You swallow. Everyone at the fight runs away. The one you beat grabs you by the front of your hoodie and lifts you up.

"You're dead, boy," he sneers. He looks at the kid. "You, too." He throws you back against the ground. You feel your hood fall and your mask slide off of your face. You gasp and look up. Yama's goons and the kid from the bot fight are there. One of the goons are holding him against the wall. All of their eyes fall on you. "He's a girl?" He shrugs. "That won't stop me from killing you, kid." He grabs you by the front of your hoodie once again and shoves you against the brick wall. You cry out in pain. He raises his fist.

"Wait!" The young kid shouts, one hand shooting out towards you. "You can't-" He squirms out of the hold of the guy and elbows him roughly in his ribs. He kneels over in pain. The kid runs and jumps in front of you. His hand encloses over the guy's fist. "You can't."

"And why not?"

"Because she's a girl, dude!"

"And?"

The kid rolls his eyes. "Um, that's wrong? She's a girl."

"That's fine," the man says with a grin. "We'll just beat you up instead."

Instead, a blinding light sound between the goons and the kid. A man looks back. "Hiro, get on!"

"Tadashi! Great timing!" The kid leaps on the back of the mo-ped. He turns back to you as he latches his helmet on. "Hey, let's go."

"Me?" you ask. You grab your mask off of the ground.

"Duh. Come on. I'm not leaving you with these people." He holds his hand out. "So let's go." You bite your lip and climb onto the mo-ped with the kid. Your arms wrap around his torso tightly. "What's your name?"

"___," you answer. "Yours?"

"Hiro Hamada," he says. "You're a pretty good bot fighter."

"Thanks. You, too." You remain silent as the older guy, Tadashi, you guess, starts scolding his brother for his decisions. Hiro fights back. They continue to fight until Tadashi slams to a stop. You look up and see the flashing red and blue lights.

"That's great," you mutter sarcastically.

Minutes later, you're in the back of a police car beside Hiro and Tadashi. Once at the station, you're put in a cell with Hiro. You wait until the cop is away from the cell to speak.

"Thank you," you say.

"What?"

"Thank you. You saved me. That guy was going to kill me," you say.

"I couldn't be the kind of guy who let's other guys hit pretty girls," he replies. Your cheeks hit up. "But I'm serious. Your skills are sick."

"Thanks. I've been practicing a lot," you answer.

"Hardly anyone ever beats me," he brags. "And I bet you couldn't beat me again."

You roll your eyes. "I'm calling for a rematch. Right after we get out of here."

"Sounds good to me," Hiro says. "Um. We should go to the next few bot fights together, too."

"Really? Why?"

"Because I think we'd make a pretty awesome team." He holds his fist up. You hit yours against his and smile.

"___ ____," a cop says your name and opens the metal door. "Your parents are here."

You nod. "See you tonight, then," Hiro says.

"Definitely."