Chapter.25-Relapse

Ch.25- Relapse

*Jaclyn's perspective (POV) *

Darkness.... That's all that I could see around me. The sky above me and the ground under my feet was total pitch blackness; like an empty dark void that I couldn't escape from. It wasn't like I wanted to escape from the never ending dark, though, because I wasn't fully afraid of the dark itself. I was, however, fully terrified of the demonic creatures that lurked within the dark and called it their home.

I looked around the dark empty void and felt eyes on me. As if suspecting my suspicions of them, the eyes move forwards towards me and I notice five dark demonic cougar-like creatures coming towards me. They were made of absolute darkness and are completely black, blending in with their surroundings and each other, except their glowing red eyes. Their eyes were the only feature that told them apart from one another due to the difference in red within the pupil of their eyes. As my fearful, dark blue eyes watched them come towards me, I notice their bodies prowling towards me, getting ready to begin the hunt.

I turn my back towards them and start running away from them. They began chasing after me, like a predator chasing its prey; just like a kitten does to a ball of yard that it has been given. My breath slowly become heavy and loud, even though I felt as if I was drowning and couldn't get enough air circulating inside my body, as I sprinted away from them; trying to find a safe house of any kind. The dark, gloomy trees surrounding me seemed to strangle me from every angle possible. I soon came face to face with a wall made of darkness that stopped me in my tracks and as I turned back to face the creatures', their eyes seemed to be staring deep into my very soul as if they were trying to destroy me from the inside out.

They circled around me, caging me in like a wild animal, and as they did I noticed that I felt different emotions radiating off of each one individually. One, felt so powerful that it automatically made me think of it as being the emotion of anger, due to the fact that I have always been hot tempered when I believed that something wasn't right, or whenever I was stressed or hurt, as well as when I decided to stand up for myself. The second one felt as if it was the emotion of sadness because of the chilling feeling that I got from it. The chilling feeling of sadness that I got when I saw my mother get murdered by my father and he started abusing me more; stopping me from fully grieving over the death of my mother and then later on the death of Henry Clearwater, who was like a grandparent to me. Another one felt as if it was how I was feeling within this very moment.

I was frightened out of my poor mind, all common sense and logic thrown out of the window. I saw the fourth as a creature that was wounded due to all the times that I have had my heart broken, in almost any way possible, by those who that I felt were close to me such as the Pack and the Shifting Forms. The wounded creature of betrayal and I felt it when the Pack and the Band broke all their promises and then left me. With the one known to me as fear, I felt as if I was suffocating even more and couldn't breathe. The last one was with the group, but it wasn't so it was isolation.

Isolation reminded me of all the times I felt isolated from my friends and family, as if I was all alone in this cold, harsh, and cruel world. When I felt isolated, it was due to the fact that everyone had abandoned me when I need them the most and then when they tried to come back to me, I isolated myself due to the pain of the past and not wanting a repeat of what they had done to me again. The creatures started flickering as if they were only an image in my mind and then suddenly, right before my very eyes, they combined into one being. Before I can react, a hand rushes forward towards me; making my breath catch and my heart stop completely; freezing in mid-heart beat.